Gun and Game Forum banner

1 - 20 of 24 Posts

·
Resident Curmudgeon
34,358 Posts
Funny thing with this article. It's from the New York Daily News.

Now granted, the Daily News has never been part of the cheerleading squad that tried starting more than a year ago to anoint her as the successor-presumptive to Curious George. But it is a newspaper in a heavily populated portion of the state she purports to represent in the Senate. New York City is where her power base is in New York State. And every response to her call for a gun summit is negative.

Excerpts from comments by her fellow New Yorkers on this topic:

"Mrs. Clinton. Where are YOU willing to “give a little”? Repeal GCA ‘68 ? Pass nationwide “Vermont Carry”? Or do you just mean that WE should ‘give a little’ -again."

"By 'giving a little' Hillary means let's ban some guns. Lets turn the screws down on legal gun owners."

"I have been reading for years how the gun should be managed, why doesn't our elected officals address the cause of the crime, not the result. Family values, education, jobs, religion, etc. Let's stop passing laws to get reelected or hiding behind."

"Question for Hillary, the self described 'duck hunter:' In what state and in what year did you possess a hunting license? You wouldn't be lying about this as you did about who you were named for, not to mention a number of other lies and deceptions that you and the 'slickster' were caught in?"

Bear in mind that these comments are from people who live in a "may issue" state in a "may issue" city that for practical purposes has made it impossible for an ordinary citizen to legally own, never mind carry, a handgun. If you want to carry concealed in New York City, if you are not the owner of a business that does a lot of cash business; a celebrity; a white collar municipal employee; someone who donates a lot of money to the Mayor's political party; or a police officer or firefighter, you're pretty much screwed and SOL. And everyone knows this. (Even the TV show Law & Order: SVU touched on the problem once, when Alex Cabot was threatened by an assassin. Captain Cragin had friends downtown that could get ADA Cabot a CCW in an afternoon and he offered to give her his old .38 snubnose service revolver so she'd be heeled right away. "It's not what you know, it's who you know" in New York City as far as getting a CCW permit.)

What's more, the people who live in the Five Boroughs know the ongoing hypocrisy of City Hall on CCW for what it is. So although the uniformly negative response to her grandstanding stunt proposal from the ordinary citizens will doubtless come as a shock to Hillary Clinton, it's no surprise to anyone else in the state. Her idea of a 'gun summit' is merely a transparent attempt to divert attention away from the sinking Hillary Campaign; an attempt to start a bilge pump that won't even begin to keep ahead of the rejection water pouring into the hull through the breaches Obama has made in her supposedly solid base of support.

And I'm with the Daily News' letter writers. We gun owners and shooters have compromised enough, more than enough and a long way past enough. It's time for the other side to compromise with US and stop trying to demonize and outlaw firearms ownership and shooting sports just because they don't like it.

·
Registered
20,562 Posts
I like the Idea of Pro Gun and Anti Gun comeing together, but as far as comprimiseing our rights NO WAY and the fact remains theres plenty of laws on the books already pertaining to firearms.
Theres a lot of folks being paid to enforce the laws of this country and there not doing there jobs.
Another example oher than Guns is Illegals theres all ready laws and people are getting paid to take care of this problem but it ain't getting done.

We need to start Garnishing polititions pay checks for not doing there jobs !!!
Local, State and Federal...A.H

·
Registered
16,485 Posts
Understand the point of view of the "other" people? HMMMMMM, wonder who the "other"" people are she speaks of? Gun owners or anti-gunners? I trust her about as much as Bill enjoys getting jiggy wit it.

·
Registered
309 Posts
the only players in a gun summit are the people and groups that are invited by her and are anti gun. she is good at that. and she will bring moral authority back to govt. what a crock of bull c****

·
Registered
20,562 Posts
G.M. I never did trust Bill Clinton though he was a great Govenor...Would you smoke a Cigar if he offered one to you not knowing where it's been ? LOL

·
Banned
4,449 Posts
Man I am confused....

So, on one side of the our 'dynamic' (I am being sarcastic here) political system we have Democrats, who want to limit guns, though I don't ever see anywhere where any of them come out and say it. I can see how running something by committee can be very dangerous, especially if it is you who is choosing the committee (*COUGH 9/11 Commission COUGH*).

Then we have the republicans pushing for bills like the patriot act, which clearly violate all our rights.

While both parties use the war on terror to feed fear into our nation because we are scared that we can be killed by terrorists. Yet, no proof or evidence was ever given to the public that clearly linked 9/11 to any terrorist cell or network.

In the meantime the federal reserve, which is a private banking operation and not regulated, loans out money to our government, at an interest rate, while our government has increased our military budget at around +$100 billion per a year, and all of that has to be paid back to the central banking system at an interest rate. So private citizens are getting ungodly rich off of all of this.

Those citizens lobby and support politicains, the cycle continues. I haven't ever in my life ever met or seen a politiican I like or trust. I think having a gun summit would be a excellent idea to logically hear and argue every side of the 2nd amendment and interpret it once and for all. However, I fear that this will just end badly, and more of our rights will be violated. The patriot act is already super scary, because you can label anything as terrorism these days.

So, really to me, Democrats and Republicans are pretty much the same exact thing trying to accomplish the same exact goals, but just at different angles. No matter what one will succeed and we lose our rights either way. I mean they are already talking about a North American Union, and a unified dollar between us, canada and Mexico, much like the Euro. The Asian union is already being built, and the African union is already in place. Once that happens it will be easier for the banks who control the money to migrate all of us into one union and share a common currency.

I am not sure if we can stop it, because everyone is just too much for self interest. Thats why I think perhaps a younger president may be better. Younger tend to be a bit more liberal, and I mean liberal in the literal sense not the political (never understood that either). Then maybe we can fix our mess we made.

·
Registered
11,239 Posts
Not really a summit

I'll bet she really wants a meeting packed with her
people and media camp followers to call for
enactment of the liberal agenda against gun
ownership and freedom. Then she will suddenly
had a "mandate" for legislation - especially if the
Democrats take both the House and the Senate.

I think we need a new figure of speech
- to "Clintonize" is to pre-arrange forces
leading to the truth as a Clinton wants
the truth to be.

·
Registered
16,485 Posts
A.H., knowing he'd probably used it on Hillary as he don't want to touch her with his own tool, HEY'LL NO!
Sorry to go there, but I despise both of them to a point, I sometimes forget my manners.
Oh, and either way, I don't smoke seegars. Gave up smoking cigarettes after about 27 years, not about to start another bad habit. lol

the truth to be.
No, it's not a summit at all. That's just Clinton code for a Democratic swingers weekend.

·
Registered
1,308 Posts
a lot of of this maybe nothing but a smoke screen these polticians know about the up coming case DC vs Heller and might be doing nothing more then positioning them selves

·
Registered
6,918 Posts
What do think of her having some of the U.N. people at this summit explaining that the U.N. wants to make gun ownership by individuals illegal anywhere in the world and would be glad to help the United States with this problem. Hillary and the rest of the anti-gun clan are scared to death of how the Supreme Court may rule on the Second Amendment.
Tlarkin you are right about both parties passing laws that violate our rights. The gun control bills sponsored by the Democrats and the Patriot Act sponsored by the Republicans are examples of such.Term limits of Two terms on any political office would help. The voters of each State should NOT reelect any politician sponsoring or voting for any law that would violate any of our Constitutional Rights. All laws that violate Constitutional Rights should be repealed immediately. The U.S. should get out of the U.N. The U.S. should not join the North American Trade Union. All foreign commerce in the United States should be controlled by our Constitutional Government, not by any Trade Union. The United States Government should no longer conduct any business with the Federal Reserve System.

·
Registered
6,437 Posts

the truth to be.
This is Hillary's attempt at resurrecting her political ambitions the same as slick Willy did when he introduced the AWB to resurrect his presidency.

·
Registered
1,308 Posts
What do think of her having some of the U.N. people at this summit explaining that the U.N. wants to make gun ownership by individuals illegal anywhere in the world and would be glad to help the United States with this problem. Hillary and the rest of the anti-gun clan are scared to death of how the Supreme Court may rule on the Second Amendment.
Tlarkin you are right about both parties passing laws that violate our rights. The gun control bills sponsored by the Democrats and the Patriot Act sponsored by the Republicans are examples of such.Term limits of Two terms on any political office would help. The voters of each State should NOT reelect any politician sponsoring or voting for any law that would violate any of our Constitutional Rights. All laws that violate Constitutional Rights should be repealed immediately. The U.S. should get out of the U.N. The U.S. should not join the North American Trade Union. All foreign commerce in the United States should be controlled by our Constitutional Government, not by any Trade Union. The United States Government should no longer conduct any business with the Federal Reserve System.
depending how the supremes rule, the gun control nonsence from the left may turn out to be nothing but false words? time will tell ?

·
Registered
11,918 Posts
Here's what needs to happen when gun owners and gun fearers come together - we need to show respect, and find new ways to cooperate instead of throwing lobbying money at each other to achieve a stalemate.

Cooperate means agreeing on ways to fight crime that don't screw with our Constitutional rights. Neighborhood watches. Security systems. Self defense education. Supporting law enforecement. Heck, let's throw in counseling and activity programs for troubled youth. If gun grabbers will stop throwing their money to the Brady Bunch and start supporting this kind of thing that we can agree on, we could talk about matching funds.

·
Registered
1,308 Posts
Here's what needs to happen when gun owners and gun fearers come together - we need to show respect, and find new ways to cooperate instead of throwing lobbying money at each other to achieve a stalemate.

Cooperate means agreeing on ways to fight crime that don't screw with our Constitutional rights. Neighborhood watches. Security systems. Self defense education. Supporting law enforecement. Heck, let's throw in counseling and activity programs for troubled youth. If gun grabbers will stop throwing their money to the Brady Bunch and start supporting this kind of thing that we can agree on, we could talk about matching funds.
I'm all for chatting but not giving up the farm, many of these people are brain washed and ignorant. but sure talk but don't give in!

·
Registered
199 Posts
[ame=http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=bf6yvENagoc]YouTube - michael savage - bill clinton worst president ever[/ame]

·
Registered
100 Posts
90 Million gunowners------------------4 Million N.R.A. Members.

If You're Not Part Of The Solution, YOU'RE PART OF THE PROBLEM!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

·
Registered
32 Posts

if we just used that lobbying money for something good we could install camera systems in the areas of highest crime and then we would be trying to do some good instead of arguing with a wall because neither side will ever give up

·
Registered
6,437 Posts
[FONT=&quot]Instead of a summit on gun control, maybe HillBilly should invite all of her anti-gun colleagues to a refresher on the Constitution and the vows they took to uphold same when they accepted office.

I can't say it enough:[/FONT]

[FONT=&quot]"A free people ought not only to be armed and disciplined, but they should have sufficient arms and ammunition to maintain a status of independence from any who might attempt to abuse them, which would include their own government." George Washington[/FONT]

[FONT=&quot]"Firearms stand next in importance to the Constitution itself. They are the American people's liberty teeth and keystone under independence The Church, the plow, the prairie wagon and citizens firearms are indelibly related" George Washington[/FONT]

1 - 20 of 24 Posts