Gun and Game Forum banner
1 - 1 of 1 Posts

· Registered
1 Posts
The definitions I use are:

A "clip" holds ammunition in a specific way that allows delivery to the gun or magazine. Examples include the Enbloc clip for M1 Garand, stripper clips, and moon clips for revolvers.

A "magazine" holds and delivers or feeds ammunition to the gun.

I use my Garand when teaching classes, whether Hunter's Education, concealed permit or any of the NRA courses going over gun types. That "ping" when ejected grabs everyone's attention and engages even the rising generation of video gamer kids.

There is a difference in definition. Magazines are often called clips even though that's not technically correct we know what's being referenced. That may well come from historical transitions as described above.
1 - 1 of 1 Posts