close

Privacy guaranteed - Your email is not shared with anyone.

Clive Cussler

Discussion in 'The Powder Keg' started by alan c., Jun 22, 2002.

1. Just curios--any of you read his books or I am the only fan he has?:D :D

2. Eric

Eric G&G Newbie

USA
    Alan, he is, without a doubt, my favorite author. His books are awesome. I just don't like the way he ends each chapter...you have to keep reading. I also think it's neat how he answers all the questions of the past.

3. Rave

Rave G&G Evangelist

I too am a fan,he does have quit a few good ones out.
    I also like Steven King,especially his older ones like IT.
    Look out for Dream Catcher,which is also going to be made into a movie,hopefully he won't have much input on it as he tends to screw movies up.His big problem is whenhe gets to the end of the story,seems to have difficulty closing and has messed up more than a few.
    Check out Dream Catcher,lots of potential for a good movie and should appeal to a varied audiance.:D :D :D

4. Logansdad

Logansdad Guest

My favorite is John D. MacDonald, creator of the Travis McGee series

5. I read Dreamcather several months ago--good book. My favorite King book was the Talisman Haven't had a chance to read the sequel. Oh and the Dark Tower series. Eric I agree with you Dirk Pitt is the greatest. Something that Phacosrana said about a prehistoric fish that was caught in the 50's reminded me of something similar in one of the Pitt novels. The Numa files with the different characters are also cool. It's amazing how believable
    Cussler's novels are.

6. Big Dog

Big Dog Retired IT Dinosaur Wrangler Forum Contributor

A friend at work recently turned me on to Mr. Cussler. I've read two of his books so far, and I like 'em.

7. Jesse

Jesse G&G Newbie Forum Contributor

Hope to read his books real soon. Just finished Stephen Ambrose's COMRADES. I highly reccomend...

Jesse

8. Jessie -- Cussler is a good read--he likes to mix past with present-- you won't be disappointed.

Last edited: Jun 25, 2002