Clueless Joe: "You VILL vear masks, und you VILL like it!"

Discussion in 'Political/Religious Topics' started by Cyrano, Jun 26, 2020.

1. mitchr

mitchr G&G Evangelist

The media is making a big deal about him tweeting a video of a person with fist in the air, saying "white power". The headline's been on Suddenlink for several days.

K75RT likes this.
  2. Rocky7

Rocky7 G&G Evangelist

Alberta
    Conservatives made a big mistake allowing the social media giants to ignore laws that otherwise prohibit monopolies and anti-competitive combines. The result today is similar to what would happen if, say, the NYT had been allowed to buy up every newspaper in the U.S. It is serious and it too late to do anything before the next federal election.

There will be an endless line of rigged polls designed to suppress conservative voters and constant anti-Trump propaganda. Maybe Trump can win with many large rallies and his ground game. If not, the next U.S. President will be weak-minded and corrupt. Worse, he will have been elected by big media who knew that. Pretty grim. Expect to lose your guns.

Last edited: Jun 29, 2020
    shanebrews, K75RT and TXplt like this.

3. mitchr

mitchr G&G Evangelist

They might TRY to take my guns. If they are successful, I won't be needing them anymore, any way.

BigEd63, K75RT, TXplt and 2 others like this.
  4. Jim Rau

Jim Rau G&G Evangelist

The virus is not a 'hoax', but the BS we are fed about it is, and this BS is being used by the DEMONcrats to keep our attention on it, not how EVIL they are!!! It will run it's course like ALL virus ALWAYS have, and the total death toll will be the same no matter how we try to out smart mother nature. MODERATION is the key, not OVER REACTION!!! Moderation can 'slow it some' with out KILLING OUR ECONOMY, This 'lock down/shut down' ORDERS are pure BS!!!!:mad:

shanebrews, K75RT, rando and 2 others like this.
  5. Huey Rider

Huey Rider G&G Evangelist Forum Contributor

They’re going to to try and make Trump look bad no matter what he does. A bully if he does use force to enforce the rule of law and incompetent if he does nothing.

Rave, K75RT, rando and 2 others like this.
  6. TXplt

TXplt Gun Toting Boeing Driver Forum Contributor

Rave, Jim Rau, Huey Rider and 4 others like this.
  7. mitchr

mitchr G&G Evangelist

It's the typical "feel good" action. I wear one 'cause I suppose sumthin is better than nothing. It may not catch all, but maybe stop some of it. As pointed out in this forum, improper use can nullify any benefit. I have a beard, so I know it doesn't seal off properly, but I ain't gonna cut my beard.

I have serious sinus drainage, especially early in the morning when I'm grocery shopping, so it's mostly for show & to allay other folks' concerns if they were to see me with a runny nose., etc.

TXplt, K75RT and Big Dog like this.
  8. Absolutely, and with all respect to my senior friends on this board....I have a niece who is a microbiologist she emphatically states that the masks are feel good but accomplish nothing..I do not want to debate, argue, etc...I wear one to appease the masses in public...

TXplt, 63B20 and Rocky7 like this.
  9. TXplt

Based on all the political goings on I am coming to view it as a fear based deliberate attempt at dehumanization and indicator of subservience to the state. So it gives me the willies to see a sea of ineffective masks in some bizarre twilight zone ritual.

Spent plenty of time in MOPP and it was always a primary objective (as a commander or supervisor) to assign a mopp consistent with threat and get out of it as soon as possible.

If a mask makes someone feel better to wear have at it and enjoy. More power to ya. But I won’t act as an enabler of needless fears or bizarre rituals by wearing one to assuage others perceptions.

A person can ask me to wear one while on their private property — fine. If I wish or need to enter I’m a guest and stuck with their rules. And have a choice whether or not to be there (to some extent — gotta get food and stuff). I’ll wear my KAGA mask in that case. But I’m not going to go through some dehumanizing useless ritual to assuage others.

10. Rocky7

Rocky7 G&G Evangelist

Alberta
    We know for sure that criminals like to wear a mask. Now, they get encouraged to do so.

K75RT likes this.
  11. PaleHawkDown

PaleHawkDown G&G Evangelist

Weird, you presented an actual link backing up your statement. That link shows the quotes in question, in full.

Someone else is arguing that you are wrong...because they say so. They offer no proof, and they claim they remember something that clearly didn't happen; a phenomenon so common that police and reporters constantly joke about it, and an entire chunk of the internet is devoted to the "Mandela effect."

Clearly, Rocky, you are wrong.

TXplt and Rocky7 like this.
  12. PaleHawkDown

I did read the Guardian article, and it is certainly not what could be called credible journalism:

Item 1:
    “Nobody knew there would be a pandemic or epidemic of this proportion.” Very few people knew that the pandemic would reach this level. Anyone who claims to have known was basically lucky enough to have guessed or was in possession of more facts than the rest.

Do you have any idea how many pandemic warnings the president receives in an average year?

According the WHO there are currently 11 pandemics or possible pandemics going on RIGHT NOW. There were 16 last year, 12 the year before. Annual things like various flu strains, HIV, AIDS and other global viruses aren't even on those lists. We've averaged a dozen possible pandemics a year since 1996. How many of those have you heard of. How many have we shut down all of society for? How many of those actually had higher death tolls than Coronavirus?

The author of this mess really shows his bias when he states that the plan was put into effect by the Obama administration in 2016, and shelved by the Trump administration. The plan was put into effect by Bush in 2005 (https://abcnews.go.com/Politics/george-bush-2005-wait-pandemic-late-prepare/story?id=69979013). Obama's expansion of the program had not even gone into effect when Trump took over and was part of an over-reaching executive order that Trump scrapped.

Item 2:
    “maybe go away. We’ll see what happens. Nobody really knows.” He predicted it is “going to disappear. One day it’s like a miracle – it will disappear.”

First off, you may notice the second half of this quote was edited. Even if you didn't, it should be noted that the first statement was actually said AFTER the second statement, meaning this is not only out of context, but has been completely manipulated.

Here is the complete quote:
    “We have done an incredible job. We’re going to continue. It’s going to disappear. One day — it’s like a miracle — it will disappear. And from our shores, we — you know, it could get worse before it gets better. It could maybe go away. We’ll see what happens. Nobody really knows. The fact is, the greatest experts — I’ve spoken to them all. Nobody really knows.”

All the qualifying, "hope for the future" type context was completely lost in this Guardian article - which appears to have stolen this manipulated version of the quote from a CNN article rather than using the actual quote.

Item 3:
    "Without basis, Trump has claimed the US has done an excellent job in testing people for the coronavirus."

This, along with the claim that America was behind on Coronavirus testing has been debunked so thoroughly as to be ridiculous. Just a month and a half into testing America had administered more than 9-million tests. We quite literally were the world leader in testing, as Trump claimed at that time.

The media tried to spin that based on percentage of population, noting that countries like Iceland, with tiny populations in a relatively small area, had a higher percentage rate of testing. They also pointed out that in South Korea, where testing was made mandatory, they had a higher percentage (though, considering the difference between "voluntary" and "mandatory" one could argue that Korea was way behind).

They did not acknowledge that China was behind us both in raw numbers AND percentage - and not only did they have longer to prepare, not only did they get testing supplies sooner, but their total numbers were not even close to ours. They have only NOW reached 11 million according to their own government - a number we surpassed a month ago. We have 328 million people as opposed to their 1.7 BILLION, meaning we are ahead of them by more than 1000%.

Item 4:
    I’ve always known this is a real – this is a pandemic. I felt it was a pandemic long before it was called a pandemic. I’ve always viewed it as very serious’

Rocky did a good job of debunking this one, so go ahead and re-read his link

Item 5:
    Americans will have access ‘to vaccines, I think, relatively soon’
    and,
    "over the next few months."

I'll just leave this here: https://www.statnews.com/2020/07/01...m-pfizer-and-biontech-shows-positive-results/

On top of that, Bahrat, Vaccine Australia, Inovio, and CanSino all have vaccines expected to end trials and reach market by the first quarter of 2021. The CanSino vaccine has already been approved and is being used by several international militaries.

I consider "now" and "within a year of this crap popping up" as "relatively soon" AND "within the next few months". Especially since it took centuries for most vaccines, and even the HIV vaccine took more than three decades.

I know parents who still referred to their babies in "months old" for more time than it has taken for these vaccines to reach clinical trial and for at least one to receive approval.

Item 6:
    I don’t think it’s hoarding, I think it’s maybe worse than hoarding. But check it out’

I don't know how old this article is, but this claim that the hospitals NEEDED this equipment, too, was utterly debunked. New York did not use a fraction of the equipment sent. At the current rate of infection, most of this equipment they already have is more than enough to last the next few months.

Not only that, but recent studies have found that ventilators might actually be the worse thing that can be done for patients.

Item 7:
    ‘You can call it a germ, you can call it a flu, you can call it a virus, you know you can call it many different names. I’m not sure anybody even knows what it is’

Sure, Billy Shakespeare says it and he's a genius, Donnyboy says it and he's an idiot:

"What’s in a name? That which we call a rose
    By any other name would smell as sweet;
    So Romeo would, were he not Romeo call’d,
    Retain that dear perfection which he owes
    Without that title. Romeo, doff thy name,
    And for that name which is no part of thee
    Take all myself."

Huey Rider and Rocky7 like this.
  13. PaleHawkDown

I could paint my arms grey, wave them around like propellers, and claim I'm a Chinook, and I would still be more truthful than the Democrats or their propaganda wing.

reverendg, K75RT, TXplt and 1 other person like this.
  14. PaleHawkDown

Like I said in another thread, what if this was just a way for the bigoted Democrats to kill off a few "undesirables."

K75RT likes this.
  15. PaleHawkDown

In college, an intriguing intriguing subject popped up in three different courses; anthropology, psychology and sociology.

All of these courses loosely described how people acted differently when masked.

In the psychology class we learned that a mask makes a person more likely to engage in dangerous, risky or violent behavior.

In Sociology we learned that a group of masked people tended to be less rational, and more dangerous, than an unmasked one.

In anthropology we learned that a group of masked people might not even be aware that they are acting differently, and if they are they might actually attribute that different nature to the power of the mask itself.

https://link.springer.com/article/10.3758/BF03334480

https://pure.strath.ac.uk/ws/portalfiles/portal/21286550/1999_PhD_thesis_public.pdf

https://aeon.co/essays/how-masks-explain-the-psychology-behind-online-harassment

16. TXplt

I find the psychological aspects of how places have reacted to the WuFlu frightening. Kinda similar to how human sacrifices used to be performed to prevent crop failure and drought.

Hunan history is full of folks turning to meaningless rituals — or those of low or marginal benefit — to affect an outcome over which they have little control in fact.

We are in almost exactly the same situation as the HKG flu of 67 with regard to morbidity and mortality. Yet due to propaganda, statism, and information flow changes are reacting much differently.

Technology can be a dangerous mistress.

Last edited: Jul 1, 2020
    K75RT and PaleHawkDown like this.
  17. Mowgli T.

Mowgli T. G&G Evangelist

Tennessee
    If you and I stick to shooting we would be better for it. I apologize for my two deleted post. I regard your comments highly on shooting matters. For the record, I am not a liberal. Take care and be safe.

K75RT likes this.
  18. mitchr

mitchr G&G Evangelist

My post also no longer relevant.

K75RT likes this.