Privacy guaranteed - Your email is not shared with anyone.

CMP 5000rds bulk 22 LR

Discussion in 'Silencers' started by melloyello, Mar 8, 2018.

1. I received this email from CMP on
    4C22ELYSTD-5000 - .22 CMP ELEY Standard 5000rdCASE 10 BOXES 500 ROUNDS EACH

Not awesome but $354.95 with free S/H contiguous US
    , 7.1 cpr.
    Don't know what length barrel to get 1090 fps but it should be subsonic for my pistols.

However, the
    description reads "ELEY CMP standard features a paraffin wax coating to allow proper functioning through multiple .22LR firearm platforms."

Anyone have
    experience with using paraffin wax coated bullets in their suppressors?
  2. jerry

jerry Since 2002 Forum Contributor

Can’t answer your question but not a horrible price. CCI Standard velocity around here is close to .10 per rd. For my old .22’s I don’t like the HV stuff.
    Cyrano likes this.

3. Cyrano

Cyrano Resident Curmudgeon Forum Contributor

New York
    Works out to $35.50 a 500 round brick. That's a good price around here! Wish I could afford to take advantage of it.
  4. Mindy up North, jerry and neophyte like this.
  5. Kmcdowell

Kmcdowell G&G Evangelist Forum Contributor

Omaha NE
  6. neophyte

neophyte Wonderment :) Forum Contributor

$.03799 per round 5,000 rounds
    $.039. Per round 500 rounds

from "gsbuickman" link
  7. neophyte

neophyte Wonderment :) Forum Contributor

$.0709 per round 5,000 rounds

from "melloyello" link
  8. Coach

Coach G&G Evangelist

Dang! What ever happened to $7.99 for a 550 round brick of standard velocity. What took place that we think $19.50 is a good price now??
    jerry likes this.
  9. gandog56

gandog56 G&G Evangelist Forum Contributor

Some of the most accurate .22 LR I ever shot was Eley.....but I paid nowhere near that price. I was getting it at the Sporstman's Guide. But....I only got like 1000 rounds, and never saw the exact same Eley again there. Don't even remember exactly which Eley it was, but I remember it came in purple boxes of 50.
  10. runfiverun

runfiverun G&G Evangelist

super match.
    pretty much what they shoot at the Olympics.

if you shoot anything other than copper or powder coated bullets in a suppressor your gonna need to clean it.
    you'll get some lube in it and you will eventually get some lead in it.
    I would not buy a suppressor I couldn't clean no matter the caliber.
    eventually it will fill up with something, carbon, copper, lead, lube, something will fill it up.
  11. Don't want to say showing my age but I remember going to Kmart and buying a 500 round Thunderbolt brick for $5.00 on sale. Not he best but great to plink and flipping cans.
  12. Coach

Coach G&G Evangelist

I have at least 10,000 rounds (in boxes) stored in ammo cans. A few weeks back, I was cleaning out one of the drawers under my bed and found 3 more boxes (550 rounds). I went downstairs to put them in ammo cans and found two more boxes on a shelf. I think I better get out and do some plinking or get a few more ammo cans!
    melloyello likes this.