close

Privacy guaranteed - Your email is not shared with anyone.

Cmp Ammo

Discussion in 'The Powder Keg' started by Firemedic, Mar 16, 2002.

1. Several venders sell remanufactured ammo from surplus components. CMP ammo is true surplus, I assume, and not remanufactured. Are the primers non-corrosive, or do you have to watch the stamp on the base?

Last edited: Mar 16, 2002
  2. CARman

CARman G&G Newbie

CMP M2 ball, non corrosive and currently headstamped from the 1960's.Or least that's what I've recieved lately.

3. VVG

VVG G&G Newbie

CMP M2

Other pluses of CMP ball purchased in 400 round lots. 1. It comes in a USGI ammo can. 2. The Lake City brass is in demand by reloaders, so you can trade it for some reloads or make friends of reloaders you know.

4. DaveTinNY

DaveTinNY G&G Newbie

CMP ammo is the way to go... About $99.00 per 400 rnd (boxed) can (including shipping). NON corrosive indeed...

I just received two more cans on Friday. Lake City 1966. All I've ever gotten from the CMP is LC 66 and LC 69. Shoots flawlessly.

Dave T

5. willys

willys G&G Newbie

TEXAS
    how long is the wait for cmp ammo.
    i just ordered 800 rounds today, when can i expect to get it?

6. DaveTinNY

DaveTinNY G&G Newbie

The wait typically averages a month... Depends on the CMP South backlog. I think they're probably starting to catch up from the end-of-year rush. If you're a first time customer, it might take a bit longer but I could be wrong.

Dave T

7. David N

David N G&G Newbie

I just ordered on the 2nd of March, ordered processed on the 7th, arrived the 18th. About two weeks works for me.

8. Mine arrived today after 2 aborted attempts at delivery, I picked it up. LC 60, Looks nice It's hard to believe it's 42 years old!

9. Stock Doc

Stock Doc Super Moderator

Did everyone see they are selling M16/AR-15 ammo? They have so many choices my head is spinning. Rick B

10. i just sent in my order for my 03A3(lottery list) as well as 2 Grade A receivers(HRA & IHC) NOW i have to send out my order for the Federal ammo for my Garands...gotta try it out before the JCG this year......

11. Better get while the gettin's good this time!

MIke

12. What's up with the vintage threads Mike?

13. Dookie-

Old school never hurt anyone. Was actually screwing around last night perusing them. This forum was the first that I ever posted on regarding the M1. When I look back and read what I wrote 7 years ago, it's like looking at a picture of yourself in high school. Sometimes you just dread looking. My how niave I was back then. In some ways it's amusing just to go back and look and see the peole that have come and gone. Hard to believe that I started back in '02. Does not seem like seven years ago. Now with the passing of Jouster as we all know it, I hope that this forum stays strong and a lot of the BS that has happend in the past stays in the past. Thought it was neat looking at a post with Rick the (retired) Librarian not being retired yet.

Rick-

I was looking at one post and your little daughter was only 2 months old. When I came here, I only had 1 son. Now I have four kids. With me, it's been like a revovling door collecting the M1 and other Milsurps.But it's something that I can come back to even if I dont bother with it for 3-4 months.

Mike