Gun and Game Forum banner
1 - 3 of 3 Posts

·
Registered
1 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I was wondering if someone could offer any guidance in purchasing an M1 Garand through the CMP program. I am an NRA member and possess a Curios & Relics license which, I believe, makes me eligible to purchase through CMP.

I own a Mosin Nagant M44 & a Swiss K31. I have heard wonderful things about the M1 and am a bit ashamed to admit that I know very little about it.

In looking at CMP's website I see that Service Grade and Correct Grade M1's are available (Springfield Armory, returns from Greece). Is there anything I should know or look out for before making a purchase? Just so you don't think I'm a hopelessly lazy SOB, I will be doing my own research, but thought I would ask for any advice here as well.

Of course, there's also the hurdle of "how do I convince my wife that I need to make this purchase?" but I figure I'm on my own in figuring that one out!

Thanks,

Steve

·
Registered
886 Posts
I believe that one of the requirements is that you must belong to a CMP affiliated club, or other organization. Probably one of the easiest ways to meet this qualification is to join the Garand Collectors Association (GCA), search on the web for them. I believe that they charge $20.00 or so for their basic membership. Then download the CMP order form and fill it out, not forgetting to have your signature notarized, and put it into the mail.

Being an FFL or C&R doesn't aid you with the CMP. The M1 Garand is shipped directly to your home address regardless of who you are, as long as they had the correct information on your application, which they use to check you with the FBI.

`

1 - 3 of 3 Posts