close

Privacy guaranteed - Your email is not shared with anyone.

CMP International Harvester Garands available

Discussion in 'M1 Garand' started by Mosinnewbe, May 30, 2014.

1. I just got this today

INTERNATIONAL HARVESTER CORPORATION M1 GARANDS. CMP currently has 511 Service Grade IHC M1 Garand rifles (with LMR barrels) available for purchase. The CMP North and CMP South stores will be allocated 64 of these rifles each. The balance of 383 rifles will be reserved for mail order purchase. Price of these rifles, CMP item number RM1IHCSLMR, is $975 plus $29.95 S&H. CMP also has 384 Service grade IHC M1 Garand rifles that do not have LMR barrels. Price of these rifles, CMP item number RM1IHCS, is $925 plus $29.95 S&H. Please note that the only part on either of these two item numbers guaranteed to be the IHC is the receiver. Purchasers are limited to only one IHC M1 Garand per customer. Mail orders will be accepted immediately until enough orders are received to allocate the current inventory. Rifles will be available at the stores on 5 June, 2014. We do still have approximately 2,000 IHC rifles to inspect and repair and make ready for sale. We expect the next partial IHC release to be in November, 2014, but it may be sooner.

M1 GARAND GRADE "C" STRIPPED RECEIVERS. CMP is now offering for sale several hundred Springfield Armory Stripped grade C receivers. The receivers are stripped and do not have sights or any other parts. These receivers have all been reparkerized and have a uniform finish but will have some pitting above and below the wood line and some of the engraving / stamping may be worn and difficult to read. None of these defects should affect proper functioning if built up into a complete rifle. Item number is RM1RECSAC. Price is $125 plus $9.95 S&H.

RIFLE S&H CHARGES INCREASED. Effective immediately S&H charges for rifle shipments are increased from $24.95 to $29.95. All orders received prior to 9 June, 2014 will be charged the current S&H of $24.95.

CMP CUSTOM SHOP

http://www.thecmp.org/Sales/customshop.htm

Let Us Make the Modifications to Your Rifle

[​IMG]
    The CMP Custom Shop continues to deliver on its promise to upgrade, accurized, customize and refinish traditional U.S.G.I. rifles. Custom Shop work also includes routine repairs and troubleshooting. John McLean, Custom Shop Manager, encourages those who have specific questions or unusual work requests, to call the shop directly at 256-835-8455, ext. 2114.

CMP STORES CLOSED 4 & 5 JULY, 2014. CMP stores will be closed on 4 and 5 July, 2014. The CMP store in Anniston, AL, will resume regular operating hours Thu - Sat on 10 July.The CMP store at Camp Perry, OH, will begin the National Matches days/hours of operation on Sunday 6 July. Please see
    http://www.thecmp.org/Sales/pdfs/2014NMstorehours.pdf for the North Store calendar for July and August.

Thank you for your support,

Orest Michaels
    Chief Operating Officer

ChaZam likes this.
  2. TheJoker

TheJoker G&G Evangelist Forum Contributor

I was just coming here to post this. I walked my order over to the post office about an hour ago.

Fingers crossed!

Sent from my RM-860_nam_usa_100 using Tapatalk

ChaZam and Mosinnewbe like this.

3. I hope you post the photos when you get it. Image one with an original LRM barrel. What a prize! Lucky guy!

4. TheJoker

I'm not getting my hopes up too much. I have a feeling they will be gone in minutes. Being a Hoosier, not having a M1 built in Indiana is against state law...I swear it is.

5. You might know better than I but I think you will get one.

6. ChaZam

ChaZam G&G Evangelist Forum Contributor

Wish I had a stack of C notes that I wasn't overly attached to. I have always had a yearning for a IHC Garand over all the other makers except perhaps the early Winchesters...

Mosinnewbe and TheJoker like this.
  7. And these ones even got the LRM barrels. I also wish I had a stack of C notes but this came at a bad time for me.

ChaZam likes this.
  8. Orlando

Orlando G&G Evangelist

Ohio
    I would expect there to be more orders arrive on Monday than there are rifles. Good luck to you

9. TheJoker

Thanks, Orlando! That was what I figured.

10. texnmidwest

texnmidwest Sir Loin of Beef Forum Contributor

Of course they release them at a time when I am broke. Hopefully I will snag one next time.

11. gandog56

gandog56 G&G Evangelist Forum Contributor

Of course, I just blew my wad on a new 10mm and .22 pistol.

12. TheJoker

I just got another email:

SOLD OUT - INTERNATIONAL HARVESTER CORPORATION M1 GARANDS

CMP received many mail orders today for the IHC rifles that were announced last Friday. The CMP will not accept any more mail orders for the IHC rifles. We do still have approximately 2,000 IHC rifles to inspect and repair and make ready for sale. We expect the next partial IHC release to be in November, 2014, but it may be sooner.

Thank you for your support,

Orest Michaels
    Chief Operating Officer

Not sure what it means for me personally. I guess I'll just keep fingers crossed!

13. Orlando

Orlando G&G Evangelist

Ohio
    If your order arrived today you are in otherwise, better luck next time

TheJoker likes this.
  14. I got the same message. You could request they hold your money until they get the other IHC ready. Perhaps that is why they mentioned the 2000 being readied? You may have to make a formal request in writing. Perhaps contact them and ask? Otherwise they may send back your money.

15. TheJoker

That is encouraging, Orlando. I paid a little extra to have the post office deliver it overnight. So, I am pretty sure it was there on Monday morning.

Color me cautiously optimistic.

Paper and ChaZam like this.
  16. M14man

M14man I don't take prisoners... Forum Contributor

My first Garand was a IHC...a little tired on the outside, but the guts are great!
    ihc.jpg

17. TheJoker

Is that what they call "postage stamp" lettering?

18. PaleHawkDown

PaleHawkDown G&G Evangelist

Gosh, nearly $1000 for a parts gun of a rifle that was bought new for less than $50 bucks, and is now in "service grade" shape. You can buy an SKS and a Mosin, each in excellent condition, and still have plenty of money left over.
    The whole point of CMP is to allow us to purchase surplus at affordable prices, I swear they're running a scam over there.

19. Orlando

Orlando G&G Evangelist

Ohio
    You arent comparing apples to apples,USGI rifles always bring a premium over foriegn cheap rifles .A mixmaster IHC for under $1000 is well under market price.
    You dont have a clue as to what CMP's Charter is . Its a chartered program that promotes firearm safety ,training an rifle practice for all qualified US Citizens "with special emphasis on youth" They do this "through the sales" of rifles ammo etc. No where does it say anything about selling you a rifle at cheap prices.

20. TheJoker

I thought Ganny was the only one here with the audacity to compare Soviet Bloc junk to "the greatest battle implement ever devised." ;)