CMP International Harvester Garands available

Discussion in 'M1 Garand' started by Mosinnewbe, May 30, 2014.

1. Orlando

Orlando G&G Evangelist

Ohio
    Dont feed the troll

2. A little side note.... ever since they lifted the restriction on the number of rifles you can buy in a calendar year, it's not just private citizens buying through the CMP. I stopped buy at the seedier, higher priced lgs a while back, and they tried to sell me a CMP IHC Garand for $1100.00, and they had 6 of them. I know they were CMP Garands because they had CMP cases...

Last edited: Jun 19, 2014

3. Orlando

Orlando G&G Evangelist

Ohio
    There is a restriction of number of rifles that can be purchased, its 12 per year limit, only one IHC rifle is allowed per customer. Before you get all bent out of shape saying 12 is to many , Orest the director of operations has stated many times that most of their sales are to customers that never purchase more than one rifle. A very small percentage is multiple sales
    CMP isnt there to have a endless supply of rifles and ammo for us for years to come.
    I say sell every last rifle today, close the doors to the stores, no more saleries, electric bills, insurance, etc .,etc. Then they can focus on what they were created for, eductaion of shooting safety and shooting sports

littlejoe872 likes this.
  4. When i got mine, you were limited to one per calendar year.

5. FortyXDM

FortyXDM Super Moderator Staff Member

This is a little strong here Orlando. If you disagree with an opinion....then disagree, don't call another member a troll because you don't like their stance on a particular issue.

6. TheJoker

TheJoker G&G Evangelist Forum Contributor

The dude hijacked a thread 3 or 4 times to post pages and pages and pages of a rant(...which he has already beaten to death) completely unrelated to the original post. Most respectfully, 40xmd ... what DO you call that?

What has happened to this forum? I came here to G & G all those years ago because I learned stuff. I posted in this thread because I wanted to connect with other folks interested in IHC M1 Garands. I could care less that phd has some grievance against the CMP.

He posted nothing related to the original thread, hijacked it repeatedly, and now instead of "moderating", you are defending the troll? Really??

Orlando likes this.
  7. Orlando

Orlando G&G Evangelist

Ohio
    He more than likely complained to a moderator

8. PaleHawkDown

PaleHawkDown G&G Evangelist

9. goat roper

goat roper G&G Evangelist

If you don't have anything nice to say, don't say anything at all. I love my CMP Garand.

Verne

10. FortyXDM

FortyXDM Super Moderator Staff Member

I read through this thread and saw that grown men were acting a bit cattish. Joker... I was defending no one. I told a member to refrain from calling another member a troll. If you feel that he is/was out of line with the OP, then simply explain that in a post. Virtually all of the whistling contests here start with sarcastic comments or name calling. This often ruins good threads. I cannot arbitrate every disagreement, nor is that my responsibility here. I am trying to tell folks to please move on rather than slide down hill with accusations and such. This is not the political forum.
    Please keep in mind that if moderators got involved in every post that strayed from the OP post, we would have everyone here aggravated. Far and away the vast number of threads here are moderated by the people who post in a thread. That is what makes this place work. With a very very few exceptions, we have great people here as members.
    Tom

tbird430, 870shooter1 and GSFixit like this.
  11. Orlando

Orlando G&G Evangelist

Ohio
    I guess I called him a troll becuase all he was doing was stiring the pot. I am all for a good discussion and when I am wrong I am the first to admit it. He was accurate given facts and all he wanted to do is argue with bad information and inaccurate statements. In fact his own statements contradicted himself
    I now have him on my ignore list so no worries

FortyXDM likes this.
  12. grumpyc

grumpyc G&G Newbie

I have a IH with all original parts in immaculint condition sling is marked DEC 53..barrell is lmr 3. 54 stock is1385 all ihc stamped any ideas on a price range as I am selling it

13. Orlando

Orlando G&G Evangelist

Ohio
    Need pictures and serial range and condition of bore

14. grumpyc

grumpyc G&G Newbie

15. grumpyc

grumpyc G&G Newbie

not knowing how to load pictures

16. grumpyc

grumpyc G&G Newbie

20141128_032146.jpg

17. grumpyc

grumpyc G&G Newbie

I've a real beuty

18. texnmidwest

texnmidwest Sir Loin of Beef Forum Contributor

Very nice rifle! Those tractor rifles command a nice price! I would go to http://forums.thecmp.org/ and ask about current price and selling.