close

Privacy guaranteed - Your email is not shared with anyone.

CMP questions

Discussion in 'The Powder Keg' started by Rod, Apr 5, 2002.

1. Rod

Rod G&G Newbie

My dad is interested in ordering a cmp garand, but he is not a member of an affiliated club. He is a WWII vet and is 78 years of age. I have read posts on this forum that seem to suggest that as a vet he wouldn't be required to be a member of an affiliated club. But as I read the CMP web site, it seems to say that club membership is mandatory for all, and the only exception for vets as old as my dad is that he wouldn't have to compete in a shoot. Is there another exception for him that would not require club membership? What exactly would he need to qualify for purchase. Maybe I'm reading the CMP site wrong?!? Any help would be appreciated.

Thanks,
    Rod

2. lefty o

lefty o G&G Evangelist

mn
    still needs to be in a cmp affiliated club, check out the garand collectors assoc.

3. Rod

Rod G&G Newbie

Thanks lefty

That's what I thought. And the Garand Collectors Association is probably the way he'll go, given the nearest CMP club is too far to drive to be useful.

4. Membership requirements

Your Dad does have to join a club, but like the previous poster said, the Garand Collectors Association qualifies. $20.00 a year PLUS you get interesting info about the Garand from "them who know".

You might check the CMP website for further details.

5. WyrTwister

WyrTwister G&G Newbie

The Garand Collectors Association or , probably , your state rifle association . What state are you in ?

Wyr
    God Bless