close

Privacy guaranteed - Your email is not shared with anyone.

CMP waiting time

Discussion in 'The Powder Keg' started by JIMM, Jun 22, 2002.

1. JIMM

JIMM G&G Newbie

I would like to know what the current waiting time is to order a M1 from the CMP ,also what are your thoughts on ordering a Danish M1 over genuine G.I. issue. I'm try to get some info for my neighbor. all he wants is a good shooter. I ordered my last M1 about 6 months ago and have read that the wait is now longer than 4 to 6 weeks.

2. Depending on what you order your wait can be over a year. If you just want a shooter, order a Danish. Get the VAR barrel if you want to wait a little longer. You should be able to get a Std. S.G. Dane in 90 days.
    My SA Dane w/VAR was ordered on 4/15 and I have not seen it or the credit card hit yet.

3. Ordered my SG SA M1 also on 4/15 - heard about two weeks ago maybe mid-July.

4. CMP POST

CHECK TODAYS CMP NEWS. IT DOES NOT LOOK VERY GOOD. LONG WAITING TIMES IF AT ALL.

DANA

5. LtBlue425

LtBlue425 G&G Newbie

CMP Garand wait time

Yeah.. I got the email update today. For those who don't get the updates here's the REALLY BAD news. For Win and IH rifles the wait could be 2 to 3 years!!!

6. rustler

rustler G&G Newbie

I ordered a barrel vise, wrench, Grade B receiver, and a Mossberg 44US in mid March. I received the vise and wrench today, but no sign of the receiver or .22 cal. The e-mail today from CMP sounded like they were about to run out of everything.

7. Orest said lots of "regular" SA M1s - SG, RG and Danes. It's just when you get into the specialized stuff you get in trouble. Haven't heard an estimate on an HRA - sounds like longer than a SA but a lot less than a Win or IHC.