Gun and Game Forum banner

1 - 9 of 9 Posts

·
Registered
668 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Just purchased a Cobra 9mm derringer. The trigger pull is some what heavy , any fix tips? wear it in? Thanks

·
God, Guns, Glory
33,971 Posts
I would WANT, a heavy trigger on it.
Less chance of a accident!

Reactions: blaster and bwberg

·
Registered
1,468 Posts
Yeah, from the times I have asked, it is built with a heavy trigger to keep it safe. The only one I got to shoot was in .32 and even that was a handful! One of the tips I have heard is not to try and pull the trigger straight back, but try to roll your finger down the face a bit, something about the pivot and trigger geometry. Even try the Mini-Revolver hold: Left hand to grip, right hand to pull trigger.

·
Registered
362 Posts
lube up the action with some light oil, will help alot. have two, one in 9mm and another in 32h&R. both had real heavy trigger pull more than adequit, lubed them up and it helped still heavy but no where near as heavy as it started.

·
Registered
668 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
Thanks, I've oiled all the bearing areas (that helps). I have tried the method about the trigger roll and that seems to help alot. Well, I agree about the extra trigger pull. I've found that appling the area of my finger joints to the trigger helps too. I've noticed that when I load the 9mm cartridges, I have to slide the extractor slide out so that the shells can fit. There's nothing stating that in the manual. I might of been better off with the 38 special or 22 mag. Well, thanks a bunch, I will work through these items:)

·
Registered
986 Posts
I had one in .38spl. It had a heavy trigger pull too, but got better the more I shot it. It seems like it was smoothing itself out with use, still heavy, but smoother. If a person were so inclined, a good polishing on the trigger mechanism might help,( I am NOT reccomending doing this) but like mine, it will probably polish itself while you polish your skills with it. Get some snap caps and dry fire it some with a dry lube such as graphite and see if that helps.

·
Registered
759 Posts
The trigger is hard by design. I took my Cobra 22 mag and cocked it to full and dropped a small amount of Militech 1 oil down in the innards. I propped it upright and left it for awhile, then I worked the action a few times, then applied moderate heat to the gun, then wiped out excess oil. It helped quite a bit.

·
Registered
1 Posts
My Cobra 380 has such a heavy trigger pull that it's barely fireable. As is I will never carry it on the street for defense. I oiled it with miltech and fired it twice and it's still literally a pain to shoot. I does not need such a heavy pull that you can't use it. The roll method of firing still doesn't help so I'm either going to get rid of it or find a gunsmith that can lighten the hammer and pull without being to light so it fires. Just wish I'd done more research before buying it. You get what you pay for, cheaper isn't always better.

·
Registered
1,984 Posts
The more you shoot it the better it gets. I know...it's a pain, but it's a machine basically and needs that "shakedown" to wear the parts to each other. I bought the wife one in .38SPL and it was terrible, as it should be. One tip is, figure out when it's going to fire the bottom barrel and cycle it so your shots come out of there, the recoil angle is more favorable as it is more in line with your wrist than the top barrel is.

Reactions: TXplt
1 - 9 of 9 Posts