close

Privacy guaranteed - Your email is not shared with anyone.

Cobray Double Barrel Pistols?????

Discussion in 'The Powder Keg' started by Doglips, Mar 19, 2002.

1. Doglips

Doglips G&G Newbie

My local gun store is closeing its doors after 40 years...anyway they got some off the wall stuff marked down. I keep looking at this FMJ? (Cobray) double barrel pistol in 45 Colt / 410...Im sure you all have seen them they look like a double barrel shootgun but only 6" of barrel. HAs anyone shoot one of these? Holding them the grip makes me worry about recoil as the grips seem small. Any input about these things?

Thanks
    :confused:

2. Tinman

Tinman G&G Newbie

Just saw your post, I have owned the side by side, and currently own the 5 shot rotating barrel. Great little snake gun or close range self defence weapon. Kicks a little but nothing you can't handle. Use the .410 3 inch mags with # 4 buckshot in one barrel and a .45 Colt silvertip in the other or a .410 3 inch with 00 buck. nifty little weapon. They also make a over under .22/410
    With the 5 shot you can mix the stuff up a little.
    good luck
    Tinman
    :D

3. Doglips

Doglips G&G Newbie

I was looking at them more for a Car gun..anti car jack that is..look impressive...wifee poo wants a new shotgun so got to send $$ to the Mosburg gods to appease her ... hopefull get off this darn couch..:) Then may pick one up...I like the odd and diffrent type stuff so it fits my mentality.

4. grwestaz

grwestaz G&G Newbie

HI
    I am looking for one like yours. Where can I get one? Pistol dbl brl 410 ga

5. claylick

claylick G&G Newbie

doent have a lot of recoil

just bought one of these--shot it about 10 times in a row, this thing is awesome.

6. Taurus Fan

Taurus Fan G&G Newbie

The Cobray DD ? Is this what you're talking about?

[ame=http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=iQzv-JAhBYg&feature=related]YouTube - derringer cobray dd[/ame]

They look like something a kid would make in high school metal shop.

7. granpabobby

granpabobby G&G Newbie

there seems to have been a resurgence in the past year..more folks are collecting these little cannons..my experence is that 3in magnums will cause the back of the trigger spir to bite your finger no matter how you grip it i rounded off the sharp edges wirh a dremmel tool shoot 2 3/4 000 buck ..mine shoots where you point it at 10 ft...this is a last ditch save your life weapon

8. Jgkkhk2011

Jgkkhk2011 G&G Newbie

Cobray 410/45

Just traded and acquired this little gem. Fired several rounds of 45 Long Colt and 2.5" and 3" 410 gauge shot shells.
    Very fun indeed although not at all comfortable. I mean it's not hard to hold on to but you don't want to take it to the range and fire it all day. But it's a blast to play with. Will destroy a watermelon from close range.
    If you can find one, buy it.

9. stalebiscuit

stalebiscuit G&G Newbie

ive seen the single barreled ones for like 70 bucks

10. Mooseman684

Mooseman684 G&G Newbie

one word...JUNK.

11. Seabeescotty

Seabeescotty G&G Evangelist Forum Contributor

Mooseman, they aren't for everyday range shooting! Like the man said, they are for getting a varmint before it gets you! I've shot and sold several of them, and the farmers like them to carry on the tractor, for snakes and such. They aren't pretty, but they do the job! And pricewise, they are very affordable little snake charmers!

Verification:
Draft saved Draft deleted