close

Privacy guaranteed - Your email is not shared with anyone.

Coed Scouts of America!?!?!?!?

Discussion in 'Political/Religious Topics' started by PAPA G, Oct 11, 2017.

1. CopperniX

CopperniX Forum Fanatic Staff Member

I have to agree with Ben Shapiro when he talked about "transgenderism" and the Boy Scouts. I guess the same relatively applies.

2. TXplt

TXplt Gun Toting Boeing Driver Forum Contributor

LOL--same way as in my day in high school when we went on trips or camp.

They don't.

Guess this is part of growing up (as is how to circumvent the chaperones); perhaps there'll be a 'merit' badge for it.

It's sad to see another American institution bite the dust due to leftism though. Gotta admit we saw it coming when they bought into the LGBT and other PC liberal BS. And membership will decline because the vast majority of us have some sense.

Liberals are like locusts.

To the OP, Boy Scouts are for boys, Girl scouts for girls.

I had an outstanding scoutmaster early in my life (we took huge a trip down the Allegheny river--circumnavigating locks and all on what is a kinda big river--with a bunch of wonderful scenery, camping, some rapids further up, and barge river traffic--wonderful experience at an early age) who summed it up simply: Boy Scouts build men.

When we got in a scuffle (as kids do) there were generally two options that happened: Put on the gloves and start boxing to sort things out or run till you drop. Worked pretty well and either of them was one hell more of a workout than we wanted when the conflagration started.

If EITHER institution isn't working as it should, the key is to fix the institution.

Last edited: Oct 12, 2017
    blaster, Rave, Gun Junkie and 6 others like this.
  3. As far as keeping teens from being teens and co-ed camping, that's already been addressed by the Boy Scouts. There will be Boys Only and Girls Only packs, units, tribes, whatever you call 'em. The two will be separate but equal (where have we heard that one before???) groups.

To me it sounds like the BSA has woken up and smelled the coffee about girls wanting more out of scouting than cookie sales, computers and dress up. They've also heard the cries of the parents who want to be able to include their daughters in the scouting experience but find the girl scouts to be...well...too girly...

Fishhead, Merle, PAPA G and 2 others like this.
  4. CopperniX

I think if the girls want to be more like the Boy Scouts but in the end it will be separate why not just gut and overhaul the Girl Scouts? Or am I just not so far left leaning as to understand?

Palladin8, TACAV, 455rocket and 8 others like this.
  5. Have you ever met a rabid Girl Scout mother? They're almost as bad as pageant mothers.

Merle and jwrauch like this.
  6. Rambo

Rambo Norse by birth Forum Contributor

That would me my idea as well. GSA seems more interested in selling cookies than making smores.

TACAV, SKS NOOB, Cyrano and 1 other person like this.
  7. CopperniX

Yes I have my ex step mother was one. I just contributed it to her needing like 5 other guys to make her happy she was like that Buck Cherry song a "Crazy B****".

PAPA G and ncnascarlady like this.
  8. gandog56

gandog56 G&G Evangelist Forum Contributor

Now why any girl would want to join something called the "BOY" Scouts is just beyond me. Makes me wonder their sexual preference right off. What's the matter girl? Don't like having to wear green with a skirt? Don't want to hawk cookies, prefer to hawk popcorn?

PAPA G, jwrauch and TXplt like this.
  9. Big Dog

Big Dog Retired IT Dinosaur Wrangler Forum Contributor

My thought too. Fix the problem at the source, don't bollix it up worse.

TXplt, Rave, Merle and 1 other person like this.
  10. Big Dog

Big Dog Retired IT Dinosaur Wrangler Forum Contributor

Or soccer moms! :D

Merle, PAPA G and ncnascarlady like this.
  11. PAPA G likes this.
  12. PaleHawkDown

PaleHawkDown G&G Evangelist

I don't know why BSA couldn't start a sister organization if GSA isn't cutting it. I am not for making the scouts coed, or for making the scouts pro-gay.

I can't think of any sane parent who would send their young girl out into the woods with a dozen boys and a few middle-aged men. I also remember that a lot of scouting was about learning how to be a good guy. We are a sexually dimorphic species and I see nothing wrong with having separate groups.

The Girl Scouts has been little more than a cookie-shilling organization for years when they could be teaching girls useful things. If girls want to hunt and fish and camp they should have that option and if GSA is not prepared to offer those things BSA has every right to step up.

But not like this.

They claim the reason for this is because of dwindling membership and money. Their bad decisions are the reason the Royal Ambassadors, Royal Rangers, Pathfinders and Trail Life have grown so much lately. I'm pretty sure all this newest decision will do is help those groups recruit a few more.

Merle and PAPA G like this.

13. But, but, but wouldn't a pack of female Boy Scouts be (Girl Scouts) ???????????????

Rave, PAPA G and TXplt like this.
  14. jwrauch

jwrauch G&G Evangelist Forum Contributor

I think you nailed it, but that would make sense and what self respecting liberal would ever consider the sensible solution when you can screw up something else ???

TXplt, Rave, Merle and 1 other person like this.
  15. gandog56

gandog56 G&G Evangelist Forum Contributor

Amend that statement by replacing the word something with everything.

jwrauch, Merle and PAPA G like this.
  16. Cyrano

Cyrano Resident Curmudgeon Forum Contributor

New York
    What is more likely is that the name of the organization will be changed. Alden G. Barber, the Chief Scout Executive in the 1970s (and who in my opinion screwed up Scouting rather badly by retailoring it for urban ghetto dwellers who think trees are what you buy to celebrate Christmas and that all birds are pigeons), did come up with one idea that might help here. He wanted to rename the program "Scouting USA." Let's do that. Call the participants "Scouts," non-gender-specific, and let the girls come and join in. And a decade from now, some teenage girl will make the news as the first female Eagle Scout. (Heck, I'm still peeved that Lifesaving has been supplanted by Emergency Preparedness as a required merit badge. Yes, it means a lot more Scouts make Eagle Scout -- but it seems to cheapen it somehow. The Lifesaving merit badge is a cast iron bitch to pass. It took me four tries to pass it.)

But don't alter the requirements for the merit badges or the ranks (not that I ever heard of a rope giving a hoot about whether it was tied by a boy or a girl, or whether a book on flag lore cared about the gender of whomever was reading it to learn the flag rules). Equality all the way down the line. No gender-based preferential treatment. No reserving percentages of jobs for the girls, or the gays, or the Martians -- none of that. Equality that is just what it says -- EQUAL. That's the only way the program will continue to matter.

17. PaleHawkDown

PaleHawkDown G&G Evangelist

I met a young Eagle Scout not long ago. The standards have been lowered considerably and his particular chapter was little more than an Eagle Scout factory - practically giving this once-coveted achievement away so that it will look good on a college app.

I was asking him about his badges and very few were even for practical skills.

ncnascarlady, jwrauch and PAPA G like this.
  18. Rave

Rave G&G Evangelist

What a unique and unusual idea! Common sense! Never happen,heck,they can't even have their own bath rooms now,thanks Obola. :(