Gun and Game Forum banner

1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
2 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I have a 1941 Mauser K98. All numbers match and it has a number matched bayonnet and scabbard.
It has in several places (stock, receiver, barrel) an eagle holding a swastika punched into the metal and wood.
The rifle is in excellent condition with only a few small marks in the wood.
Do you think this is a rare rifle or just common? Any value??
Thanks a lot, Timb

·
Registered
9,224 Posts
there may be some value, but you may get better results in the mauser forum instead of the cooking forum.

·
Registered
1,818 Posts
No value at all - in fact, I'd be glad to take it off your hands for a fair value - say $50 ;) Just kidding. Does it have any import markings near the muzzle ? If not, then it's probably a bring back and it's probably worth more than the recent Russian captures on the market. Please don't modify it in any permanent way.

·
Retired IT Dinosaur Wrangler
36,251 Posts
I would suggest a good Zinfandel wine with a German Mauser. A French wine tends to fall flat when put beside anything German . . . ;)

Seriously, good score! The eagle markings are "WaffenAmts". Many old rifles had them scrubbed at the end of WWII, so we like to see them in place. Added to the matching numbers, this does place this Mauser in a better class than the Russian Captures.

·
Registered
1,818 Posts
Big Dog said:
I would suggest a good Zinfandel wine with a German Mauser. A French wine tends to fall flat when put beside anything German . . . ;)
Which is why he should give it to me. We got the best Zinfs here on the central coast :p :drink:

·
Registered
15 Posts
I've got a Russian capture with about 16 WaffenAmpts matching numbers(except the bolt) sling,ammo pouches,bayonet and sheath(not matching),and the wood is in really good condition,brand new handguard I bought for it,russian electro-pencil numbering on bolt,and perfect headspacing for about $243. no defaced WaffenAmpts and some eagles on the butt of the stock. I recently had it appraised at roughly $350 for just the gun so im thinking youve got a valuable little rifle at about $375 and probably $400-$430 with the bayonet depending on its condition. I wish mine was matching and not russian captured. Mine is a BYF 44 if you tell me the letters in front of the number 41 i can tell you when and where it was made. Sounds like a nice rifle congratulations and make sure to check its head-spacing before shooting though.

1 - 7 of 7 Posts