Gun and Game Forum banner

1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
6,054 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
This morning, I heard a news clip on the radio.

In 2007, Colorado issued 9300 CCW permits, which is up 50% from the previous year.

Just an FYI, CO is a Shall Issue state and the permit lasts for 5 years.

I may be leaving CO in 6-8 months, but I certainly feel a bit better knowing there are a lot of people here like me.

I've been reading and it seems that around the country, this practive is becoming more prominent. Crooks Beware: folks with guns are ready for ya!

·
Registered
8,033 Posts
Yep, if you apply for a permit and there's no reason in your background for them to deny it, they have to give it to you! Gotta love it! Mine came in 3 weeks.

·
Registered
4,649 Posts
I got mine a few years ago (in the Springs), it took about 5 business days!

·
Registered
989 Posts
I've already got my required gun class taken care of. But I'm waiting to take another class on CCW specifically. Like laws and ramifications of using the gun in public. But I guess I can apply in the mean time. I like Colorado's gun laws.

I'm a member of Whistling Pines.

·
Registered
4,649 Posts
Yes, we (Girlfriend and I) took our course through Paradise Sales, on Colorado ave. We spent longer talking to a lawyer then most CHP courses total. Paradise has some real hard-headed salesmen working for him, but he puts together an excelent pistol course.

·
Registered
1,017 Posts
Come June 19th I will be applying for mine here in Colorado, I look forward to joining the ranks of citizens who are willing to protect themselves and others. You can also carry onto campus here at CSU, just not into residence halls.

·
Registered
4,649 Posts
I always wondered about the legalities of that. I graduated from UCCS (I think they want to be called "CU, the Springs" now) a few years back and never saw an official policy.

Congrats by the way! They have a new Electronic Fingerprinting machine that is a royal pain if you have any scars on your hands :)
But no Ink to mess with is nice.

Err, Edit: El Paso County does anyway, not sure what FT.Collins uses

1 - 7 of 7 Posts