Gun and Game Forum banner
1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
8 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hello,

I've just purchased a Colt 1911 45 Cal marked U.S. Army.....U.S. Government. I've checked the serial number and it was made around September 1918. It appears all origional except for the spring. The bluing is about 60% plus with no rust (I guess the bluing they used "Army Black" didn't stand up too well). Any ideas about a ball park figure on the value so I know if I got taken and also how collectable are these compared to the later military models?

V/R,

Scott

·
Registered
2,898 Posts
going on what you have stated around $800 to $1200 depending on maker and armorers makes, and serial number.

i have to ask whats with the amish gunrunner?

·
Registered
8 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
Thanks. After my first three user names were kicked back because they were already taken ( started with Scott) I decided to pick something no one else would have thought of....nothing political (kind of funny if you can picture the buggy loaded with guns clip clopping past the ATF guys). I happen to be stationed in Amish Country now although I am an Upstate N.Y. guy and plan to go back if you guys will straighten out the whole Mrs. Clinton thing misunderstanding (you know, electing her).

·
Registered
2,898 Posts
God don't i wish!
just struck me as funny, amish hunt but can't buy a fire arm because you need photo id and they don't have them, and anyone who buys one new for them to get around it is makeing a straw purchace. so when i saw that i had to laugh.
we have alot around here and they are allways up at teh gun shop with thier drivers trying to buy them then trying to get us to sell them to the driver.
so when i saw that handle it kinda struck the old funny bone.

·
Registered
8 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
The Amish do make it pretty tough on themselves, but I have to respect thier work ethic. There is a sizable population in N.Y. that doesn't get the whole work thing! Hey, any good ideas on where I can get a good idea of what the Colt is worth? BTW, are you from Upstate? My wife and I just brought some property up on the finger lakes for when I retire.

1 - 5 of 5 Posts