Gun and Game Forum banner
1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
2 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 · (Edited)
I recently acquired a Colt Python 357 Magnum CTG serial number E91***.
My question is approx what is the value of the weapon.
Thanks

·
Registered
17,218 Posts
I'm sure someone here will be able to come up with an approximate value for that gun. However, I noticed that you posted the complete serial number of your gun. As a matter of personal advice to you...I'd delete at least part of those numbers ASAP...unless you want the world to know your personal business. As a gun owner myself I would prefer that nobody else knows my serial numbers just in case some crazy government official eventually decides to attempt collecting them from citizens. All they would need is the location of your house. They would have your gun inventory in one complete list.

Am I paranoid? Don't think so. Maybe partially...but think this over and the ramifications of what happened in other sites around the world when they wanted to disarm the populace. Amendment #2 gives us the right to bear arms and we need to protect that right by all means possible.

·
Registered
99 Posts
Ditto! The Democrats are in now and they will come after the guns! That is what they do, regardless of what they say. The American people are bamboozled again and the Congress is now an enemy of freedom once more.

·
Registered
159 Posts
condition, condition, condition

Of course it depends on condition. If it is in decent condition at all, it should be worth at least $500 or more. In very good condition, maybe $650? Excellent or better, $800 or more. Some of the Pythons that are especially collectible can be worth a lot more, but you need special knowledge or information for that category.

I am basing this on Colt Pythons I have seen for sale at other places, ie. gun shows, local gun shops, Gunbroker.com, etc. I am not an expert or an appraiser, by any means. My opinion is worth exactly what you just paid for it - but I hope it helps.

Jay1958

I recently acquired a Colt Python 357 Magnum CTG serial number E91***.
My question is approx what is the value of the weapon.
Thanks

1 - 6 of 6 Posts