Gun and Game Forum banner

1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
4 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I bought a Colt 4x20 Carry Handle Scope a few weeks ago at the Richmond, VA gun show and I am trying to adjust the eye relief on the scope. I did not get the original manual with it and I am trying to find a copy on the internet or someone that can tell me how to do it. Can anyone help?

·
Banned
3,876 Posts
As far as I know you can't adjust the eye relief. It's defined as the point at which the full field of view is obtained, or something like that. So to adjust the eye relief you have to adjust how far from your eye the scope is. Basically your going to have to move your head around till its right and learn to keep that spot.

·
Registered
4 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
Thanks Pred. I thought that would be the answer. You can screw the eyepiece in and out somewhat and I tried that but it did not seam to make any difference. The reason I asked was I have seen the "delta" style cheek pieces that mount on the stock but where they mount is too far back to get complete eye relief for the scope.

·
Registered
4,274 Posts
Hey USSMcCord, if your scope is anything like this one, then you've got a 2.6" eye relief, which means the full field of vision will be about when your eye is 2.6" from the lens.

Personally, I like a longer relief and will likely be getting a pistol scope (4"+) for my Mosin Nagant. I don't want my face anywhere near the scope when I pull the trigger on my 91/30. Hehe. Now, on a .223, I don't think there should be a big deal, as the one I fired wasn't much more recoil than my CETME.

·
Registered
4 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
Thanks for the info on the eye relief. Yes mine looks like that but its the original Colt scope. So mine must be set right because my eye is about 3" from the scope when I get full eye relief.

1 - 5 of 5 Posts