JULY 2,72 JAN 19.75.
Serial #: 202127
It has brown checkered grips and a 6-3/4" Barrel
Can anyone tell me what this is worth?

THANKS

·
Registered
1,841 Posts
As per above condition is everything, BUT, going out on limb here, but there is no such thing as an "accurate appraisal" of value on something like that. There can be a range of value and you can look at the auction house numbers for something close, but I suggest you use that as the bottom of your range. Lots of reasons, but let me tell you why I say that. Guns America has some listed from $3,950 to $14,000.

I have been involved in many investigations as to value of everything from real estate to skyscrapers, to loafing sheds, to bulldozers and testified as an expert against appraisers many times which resulted in disciplinary actions with their licensing boards. My expertise is not valuation, it is valuation methods, and specifically fraud in valuation, big difference. That means the range of value that a truly honest collector may give you today for insurance purposes could only be a fraction of what the correct buyer might give.

An example, I was once in a meeting with an attorney who got a call about a reining horse he had for sale, after 2 minutes, he sold it for $30,000.00. So, I asked about the horse, how good it was and all that. It had recently been listed as the number 38th best horse in the nation in some competition. The value he said has very little to do wth the horse itself but had to do with the buyers. He explained that most Hollywood actors would buy a ranch so they could go relax and play and all that. But a house on the prairie is just a house. But if it is a working ranch, then 90% of everything on it, is a tax write off, against those big contracts they get from the movies. A few horses will get you the same "write off" as a thousand cattle, but they must be race horses or have some competition value. So, if Robert Redford had the 40th best horse in the nation and Robert DeNiro has the 50th best horse in the nation, and you have the 38th best in the nation, both of those guys would like to add your horse to their stable. But as to value, every other actor in Hollywood would also like a horse rated better than those two. So, any horse that could just win a few reining shows would be worth $30,000 or so. It is about "why" they wanted it, not what it was worth. It was just a hobby to him and he kept 4-5 horses in training all the time.

Now, your Bisley, you cannot get the real value on an appraisal. You cannot get it by putting it on consignment at your local gun store. The only way you will know is to put it on the market for a long time, so that collectors will see it nationally or get one of the national auction houses to sell it for you. They have client lists that keep track on what is coming available, and those lists include people with piles of money. You just have to wait until some guy needs one bad enough to outbid all the other guys who would just want to own one for the coolness factor, and Bisleys are cool, I hunt with one.

Anyway that is some nice patina. Do not ever let that gun get away. However, if you want somebody to steal it from you, send me a PM and I would do so. Welcome to G and G, more knowledge here than anywhere IMHO.

laI am not k

·
Banned
222 Posts
Well That's worth it pal, and it's too pretty rare too, hmm most of gun i think the important one is the condition of a gun, just my opinion:LOL:.

1 - 7 of 7 Posts