Gun and Game Forum banner

1 - 9 of 9 Posts

·
YOU TALKIN' TO ME!?
21,319 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I'll be getting a mint Colt HBAR tomorrow for $500...some of you might remember the thing with my landlords deceased buddy and the 2 M1A's and High Standard VICTOR I got...

Well last week he comes over and said they found 2 more guns in the basement, lets go look and make an offer.

On the pool table layed a British Bulldog revolver with holster in pretty good shape...

Then the deceased guys lib mother pulls back a blanket and there lies a mint Colt HBAR full sized AR with flash suppressor!

I looked it over trying not to wet myself and told her we'd get back to her...I told my landlord to offer $500 for both and see what happens.

My landlord just left and said they are taking the offer and he's picking them up tomorrow.

Then he says "You been wanting an AR haven't you?"

I said yup...sure have...
He said "I already have one so I'll sell it to you for $500, and you sell the Bulldog for me on gunbroker and thats it"

Yeehaw!

Actually be free because I sold an 1861 Springfield musket on GB for $650 that was given to me....:D

No mags or ammo with it like the M1A's but I'll resolve that quickly...probably sell the Nat'l match M1A...use the money for ammo and such for the AR...keep the Armscorp M21.

Pics will be coming...

·
Retired IT Dinosaur Wrangler
36,493 Posts
Dang it Joe! How DO you find these deals . . . ? :)

·
Registered
1,558 Posts
all you gotta do is make friends with someone whose buddy is about to die and his benefactor is anti gun and establish yourself as a certifiable gun nut and there you go

·
YOU TALKIN' TO ME!?
21,319 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 ·
Got it a couple hrs ago...try to get pics up soon...totally mint...never fired.

·
YOU TALKIN' TO ME!?
21,319 Posts
Discussion Starter · #8 ·
Been running around the house like Rambo today...an AK in one hand...an AR in the other...:D

·
Registered
2,950 Posts
Is it a fixed stock 20''? An unfired Colt, depending on what date on manufacture, and options that are on it can be in $1500-$2000 range. I have been looking at the 6920 model for years and I can't find one for under $1300, that is gold mine there Joe.

1 - 9 of 9 Posts