Gun and Game Forum banner
1 - 3 of 3 Posts

·
Banned
3,876 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Well, I picked this gun up today for free. My mom didn't want it anymore, so, I told her I'd gladly take it. The bore is in really good shape, probably hadn't had more then a few hundred rounds through it. Theres a little rust or it's pitted? on the slide and the outside of the barrel(around the ejection port?) where it says cal .380. It also says it's a government model, how are those different? How hard is it to remove the rust and touch up the slide, barrel, and frame? I'll try and get some pictures up tonight or tomorrow.

·
Registered
1,179 Posts
That gun should clean up very nice, but even if there is some pitting it can be dealt with. Exterior pitting won't affect the gun's function. You should disassemble the gun and clean it before firing. There might be more hidden rust inside.

The "government model" .380 is the larger of the two .380 that Colt made until about eight years ago. It's a great gun. Congratulations.

·
Banned
3,876 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
I already took it apart and cleaned it up. The inside of the gun is very very clean, a little dirty but nothing more. And as I said the bore is about perfect also. I did have a hard time getting the bushing off and back on. But, a little rem oil cured that. If it's nice out this weekend I might go pick up some ammo and see what it can do.

1 - 3 of 3 Posts