• Colt

Votes: 12 38.7%
  • Kimber

Votes: 19 61.3%
1 - 20 of 42 Posts
G

·
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I have an American made stainless 1911A1 in my sights (forgive the pun) which one would you get ?..btw I have my mind made up on a full size stainless because I won't be carrying it :gangster:

·
FREE CITIZEN
2,089 Posts
Kimber 100%

:gangster: :gangster: :gangster: :gangster: :gangster:

I'm saving for a Kimber Eclipse Custom II, all stainless and the works.

In comparison, the colt is not near it in the finish and attention to detail, not to mention acuracy.

It's more expensive, but comes fully loaded.

The Eclipse Target II and Eclipse Pro Target II have an adjustable bar/dot night sight set.

Eclipse Custom II, Eclipse Pro II and Eclipse Ultra II have fixed three dot night sight sets.

Eclipse Target II and Eclipse Custom II have barrel bushings. Other models have bushingless bull barrels.

http://www.kimberamerica.com/eclipse.php

:gangster: :gangster: :gangster: :gangster: :gangster:

·
Registered
144 Posts
If those are the 2 you are set on...I would get the Kimber...UNLESS I could find a really nice 80series Gold Cup!!!

Have you looked at the new S&W 1911A1?

I prefer Para-Ordnance....Fantastic quality and 15rds to boot,but I do have big mitts!!

·
Registered
9,224 Posts
depends. the colt will most likely hold its value better, but the kimber is a fine shooter. if it were me id get the kimber and replace the MIM parts and end up with a fine pistol.

G

·
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
polarisgod said:
Have you looked at the new S&W 1911A1?

I prefer Para-Ordnance
S&W recalled their 1911A1 pistols..Para Ordnance is made in Canada..I won't start on Canada..suffice to say I'm not a fan :usa:

·
Registered
5,249 Posts
I have a Kimber Custom Royal Gov't. I love it.

·
Registered
4,287 Posts
Definately another vote for Kimber here.

·
Registered
2,977 Posts
I have a kimber that has served me well for the past 6 years. I keep reading about the MIM parts and problems occuring with them, guess what none here! The only thing I did to mine was replace the flat mainspring housing with an arched one because I prefere it.

G

·
Discussion Starter · #9 ·
a buddy of mine showed me a stainless Colt Combat Commander he wanted to sell and quoted me a friend price..so now I'm plotting and scheming..might sell my SKS rifles..I believe that Kimbers are made better and I really wanted a full size but I can't pass this one up..I can get a full size or even a long slide later on :gangster:

·
Registered
2,898 Posts
as much as i love my colts i to have to go with kimber on the new 1911's they are tuned to perfection and smoother than the colt.
the springfield is allso a nice choice, but between the two you mentioned i'd have to say kimber. (no not because they are made in NY either)

·
Registered
2 Posts
After reading the various post I feel that this is a good chance to "get my feet wet" I like 1911's PERIOD....but in the mass produced market I have to choose the Kimber and the "high end" Springfields. These being the models with barrel bushings. The high end Kimbers are lapped via multiple "rackings" and tend to be tighter hence more accurate. If one wants to step up then I choose a Les Baer over all the others but be advised not to get a Premier or other "target" model for combat type shooting as they are so tight they load up to quick and fail to function properly. In combat mode I'd choose the Thunder Ranch model. Well to each his own in women, cars,guns liquor and holsters!!! Be safe out there. Ken Null

·
FREE CITIZEN
2,089 Posts
:) :) :) :) :)

Welcome Ken, nice to have new blood here in G&G, enjoy posting !!!!

:) :) :) :) :)

·
FREE CITIZEN
2,089 Posts
:assult: :assult: :assult: :assult: :assult:

That Centenial can light a brush fire fer sure!!

Wellcome back bro !!

:uzi: :uzi: :uzi: :uzi: :uzi:

·
Registered
22 Posts
I had a Colt series 80 Gold Cup. It was very nice. I bought a Kimber Gold Match the first year they came out and it is significantly better in every area. A friend bought a stainless target model Kimber. I feel it shoots just as good. It's just not as fancy looking.

G

·
Discussion Starter · #19 ·
I have vague plans of a stainless Kimber in the future..but first a Rock River Arms AR-15 to celebrate the AWB Sunset :assult:

G

·
Discussion Starter · #20 ·
Logansdad said:
I have an American made stainless 1911A1 in my sights (forgive the pun) which one would you get ?..btw I have my mind made up on a full size stainless because I won't be carrying it :gangster:
I'll soon have the money for another 1911A1...Colt or Kimber ?
:hmmm: :jaw: :guitar: :right: :target:

1 - 20 of 42 Posts