Gun and Game Forum banner
1 - 12 of 12 Posts

·
Registered
3 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
hello.
i have just buy a pyton to target shooting.
it´s a colt police python 357 magnum in blue steel.
the year of made is 1972 and it´s never fired.
the price was 4500 swedish crowns ( about 550 usd).
have i bought a nice or a !!!! gun?

// Mattias in sweden :uzi:

·
Registered
11,922 Posts
That sounds like a great price for that gun. Hope you enjoy it well. Welcome to the forums, please stick around!

·
Registered
1,178 Posts
That is a very good price for an unfired Colt Python in the USA.

It is a very, very good price for one in Europe. Congratulations.

·
Registered
3,770 Posts
Just curious where can a person find a unfired Colt Python in the U.S.??????
Man you got a good deal. That is one excellent handgun. Probably the best in .357 mag. Well in a wheel gun that is.

·
Registered
13 Posts
Enjoy that monster of a .357! It's the consensus that you ran into a good deal... congrats. Sounds like a thing of beauty.

·
Registered
1,126 Posts
OK, that's it. The swim team had me thinkin' about it, but....I'm moving to Sweden (if only long enough to buy an unfired Colt Python for 550 bucks).

·
Registered
13 Posts
Outriderdark said:
OK, that's it. The swim team had me thinkin' about it, but....I'm moving to Sweden (if only long enough to buy an unfired Colt Python for 550 bucks).
Tell me about it... now all you need is the money to travel... if you look hard enough it still might be well worth it!

Edit - look hard enough for cheap tickets, I mean.

·
Registered
3 Posts
Discussion Starter · #10 ·
OK.
thank´s.
But here in sweden it´s very hard to get a licens for a gun. You must be member in a shooting club for at least 1 year, and then shoot a "gold series" ( 3 x 46points at 27yd with 5 shot + 3 fast series at the same range in 10 sek with 6 shot) and then take part in a competition every year.
you are all lucky in the US!

·
Registered
1,178 Posts
Alan c - sometimes an unfired Python will turn up at an estate sale. Husband's gun, widow doesn't want it. Especially true for a scarce Python - most of them never get fired.

·
Registered
1,126 Posts
We are lucky, here sweed. We forget it sometimes and don't do enough to make sure our kids will be as lucky. The next few years are gonna be important here in the US. Australia used to be pretty lucky, too. Now look at 'em. Those Swiss, though. The love thier firearms.

1 - 12 of 12 Posts