Colt Colt revolver question...

Discussion in 'Colt' started by Cyclops, Jul 15, 2002.

1. Cyclops

Cyclops Guest

A buddy brought his old King Cobra 357 mag to the range last saturday & let me put about 20 rounds through it....YIKES! What an awful trigger this thing has & he still likes it. Is this typical of Colt revolvers? I had always wanted a Python, but now I'm wondering if all my lust for that gun is worth it :(

2. Python--excellent firearm. I have shot one--man what a great pistol. Let me know If you find one.

3. SMOOTH TRIGGER

IF YOU WANT A SMOOTH TRIGGER RELEASE TRY A MANURHIN MR 73 LONG RANGE SILHOUETTE .357. IT HAS ROLLER BEARINGS AS PART OF ITS TRIGGER RELEASE SYSTEM. YOU CAN NOT BEAT IT ...........

DANA

4. Cyclops

Cyclops Guest

I know there are revolvers out there w/ box stock triggers that I like...I don't think I've shot a vintage S&W that had a poor trigger. The newer ones vary from sample to sample, so I don't include them.
    Thanks for the replies

5. I have owned two Colt King Cobras over the years and still have one. I have found their trigger pulls to be excellent although not quite a Python. You must just have a lemon.

6. NRAJOE

NRAJOE YOU TALKIN' TO ME!? Forum Contributor

I have a Colt Trooper MKIII that is sweet as H E double toothpicks to shoot.

7. jerry

jerry Since 03-15- 2002 Forum Contributor

USA
    Some guns just need broken in a bit. You might have one with only a few boxes run through it. Give it 500 ~ 1000 rounds

8. Cyclops

Cyclops Guest

The Cobra isn't my gun. i doubt it's had more than a couple hundred rounds through it...probably all 38's at that. Plus, I like shooting revolver DA while the owner of this gun shoots SA 99.9% of the time & really wasn't aware of the sticky/gritty nature of the DA pull.

9. NRAJOE

NRAJOE YOU TALKIN' TO ME!? Forum Contributor

Tell your freind to get a trigger and action job if the D.A. bothers him. Whomever owned the trooper I got had already done this and the D.A. pull is smooth as glass. Thats what sold me on the gun actually.

10. Cyclops

Cyclops Guest

Oh, believe me, I told him about the trigger. We like giving each other crap about each other's guns :)fuss: :p ) You know, "You paid too much", "Too heavy", "Unreliable", "Crappy Trigger", kinda stuff. :D Usually all in good fun & usually always to help bring out the potential of whatever new gun we're shooting/ sharing.
    Seeing that this guy only shoots his revolvers SA & he never noticed how the trigger sticks, he'll probably never put any $$ into the trigger. :joker:

11. Logansdad

Logansdad Guest

my beat up old Colt Agent .38 has a very good trigger :D