Colt Colt Series 70

Discussion in 'Colt' started by ander254, May 1, 2008.

1. ander254

ander254 Guest

I found a local ad for a Colt 1911 .45 Series 70. I don't know anymore about it than that. I left a message with the person to see which model it is but what do you think an average series 70 is worth. They are only asking $250 for it so I bet something is broken on it or its a complete rust bucket.

2. easyx308

easyx308 Guest

A series 70 in VG-EX condition should bring 7-800.00 You better jump on this deal if the gun looks clean. Try to meet the seller at a range so you can test fire. Might also be a stolen gun so look sharp.

3. ander254

ander254 Guest

yeah thats what im wondering. what about just average/good?

well guess whats too good to be true normally is. I left a message with the number listed and low and behold its not the right number. oh well. Guess I'll have to wait for the next deal to come along.

Last edited: May 1, 2008
  4. tmaq2

tmaq2 Guest

yesterday i bought a colt 1991a1, originally purchased about 20 years ago, i did some research found that they were selling for around 650-800 bucks, paid 400 for it, looks great shoots great, wasn't stolen........they are out there, good luck to you!

5. ander254

ander254 Guest

do ya'll have the best luck in the local newspapers? the one i found was in iwanna ad. there are never any guns in our newspaper. Every now and then there is an estate auction thats featuring a few guns but I can imagine how many people will show up for that. The last one had 50+ guns for sale.

6. Seven©

Seven© G&G Evangelist

WNC
    Iwanna? Are you from WNC? I have an ad starting next week in Iwanna. :wavey:

Anyways, I always have the best luck by word-of-mouth. The guys I work with always know somebody who is behind on a truck payment and needs to sell a gun.

7. ander254

ander254 Guest

Nah, originally from Statesville, but now live in Rock Hill, SC. we get the iwanna down here too. They even have a Columbia edition too. The one I found was in the Hickory paper. Most the people I know are in college so the dont even have enough money to own guns (not like i do either) but the ones that do have guns, arn't in any financial issues (gotta love rich parents)