Gun and Game Forum banner

1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
2 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hello there!
I have a guestion to ask anyone willing and able to answer. I bought a Colt .45 Sistema semi-auto a few months ago. Other than paying too much for the piece, the sights were absolutely horrible. I managed to drift off the back sight, but the front looks liked it was machined into the slide. I know it must have have been set into a hole or something. I would like to know how to you get the front sight out, without screwing it up? I like the Sistema, shoots well, barell is great. Only problem I am having is the tube between the slide release and the thumb safely kept coming off. I ordered a new tube assembley from John Masen Co. and the tools from Midway. Any information on how to get the front sight off would be greatly appreciated!

·
Registered
723 Posts
You can always put a new aftermarket slide assembly on that has a keyed slot for the front sight. Then you could put whatever front sight on that you wanted. I have a Colt Model 1927(8xxx serial number) that was made at the Colt factory in CT. Mine is stock with the exception of a replacement govt. barrel. They are pretty much interchangeable with any large frame Govt. model. You could even put a Govt. slide on it with a fixed front sight that isn't buggered up. Numrich arms has a good selection of slides with standard sights, and slides with dovetails to put on aftermarket sights.

Colt 1911 Forged Series 70 Slides | e-GunParts.com

·
Registered
99 Posts
The sight tenon hole is.055 like all of the vintage Colts after 1926 and before 1980. Any competent smith can stake on a front sight for you.

1 - 4 of 4 Posts