Gun and Game Forum banner

1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
22 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 · (Edited)
My grandfather just passed and left me ALL his guns. I was looking at getting a Bushmaster M4 to carry with me on duty but thought sense I have the SP1 I could carry that and save $800. My question is, can I get an ajustable stock and a shorter handguard to fit this gun so it will look more like an M4 model.

I just want to make sure that I am carrying the right thing on duty. Please help any answers would be appreciated.

·
Registered
59 Posts
Adjustable stocks are available from may different companies such as Tapco and many others. As for handguards it depends what barrel length you have. If you have a 20" they offer an original colt 16" barrel. Or if you are on a budget many other companies offer barrels as well.

·
Banned
3,876 Posts
Yes, you can put an adjustable stock on it, however I'm not for sure if it has a mil-spec tube on it or a commercial tube. You'll need to figure that out first before you order one. And for the handguard, if its a 20" upper, you'll need a standard size handguard. You could always buy a different upper to put on it. But, I've always liked the idea of a full size AR with a 6 position stock for some reason.

·
Registered
2,115 Posts
Buy an M4 upper for it. Save the original 20" for some other use.
As for the buttstock, any commercial stock will fit it. We have 2 of the SP1's at our department and retro-fitted them with Tapco 6-position stocks and Rock River M-3 uppers with pop-up front and rear sights. We are getting either an ACOG relex sight or a C-More sight for them.
If you weren't going to carry it for duty, I'd say leave it as is. However, cruiser-buddying limits the length and you'll appreciate the shorter barrel. JMHO.....:)

1 - 4 of 4 Posts