Gun and Game Forum banner

1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Registered
381 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
i have a colt trooper 3 that i had an "action job"done 20 years ago.the "gunsmith" lightened the pull so much sometimes it will only dent the primer.i was thinking of changing back to oem ,or wolff springs.is this difficult?any advise would be helpful/where to locate springs,tips in the fix,would be appreciated.

·
Registered
322 Posts
I think if I were you I would take it to a reputable gunsmith and have it checked out. Restore it to original and don't mess with it anymore. A good smith will fix it right and you shouldn't have anymore problems.

·
Registered
741 Posts
I don't know how you can tell that new springs will fix the problem without looking at the gun!

If the engagement surfaces have been tampered with, you may be looking at new parts. A gunsmith can tell. Or you can get Kuhnhausen's book and try to fix it yourself.

·
Registered
1,783 Posts
only one thing makes it go bang, that is the hammer striking the firing pin, if the hammer spring is to light then it wouls cause this gun to misfire:burnout:

·
Registered
1 Posts
I just signed up and this is my first post.I just bought a used MKIII Trooper in real good shape,the main flaw is a crack in the left grip.I'm looking for a replacement .Anybody know where a guy could get a deal on grips?

·
Registered
1,177 Posts
eBay's got 'em, but not cheap. Original Colt grips for even a common model like the MKIII are getting expensive. Don't wait too long.

1 - 8 of 8 Posts