Gun and Game Forum banner
1 - 2 of 2 Posts

·
Registered
322 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Well I did it. I conducted my own test. I have been sitting on the sidelines for a while now and it was time to put the matter to a proper conclusion. I put a Springfield Champion SS against a Colt Combat Commander. Here are the results:

Bells and Whistles award: Springfield Champion.
This gun has everything you could want; adj trigger night sights, load indicator, ambi safety.

Reliable award: Tie
No jams. shot some old ammo and old generic mags. Everybody came through with flying colors.

Accuracy Award
Close range ( 7yds to 10 yds): Tie
Long range ( 15yds to 30 yds): Colt Commander
This one surprised me as the Springfield was heavier.

Conclusion: I like the Springfield alot and it would make a fine carry piece. Considering the Colt had regular fixed sights no adj trigger or any extras except a slight extension on the grip safety, The Springfield should have won hands down. It did not. Colt is still at the top. Next up Kimber. I will let you know......

·
Registered
953 Posts
Well I did it. I conducted my own test. I have been sitting on the sidelines for a while now and it was time to put the matter to a proper conclusion. I put a Springfield Champion SS against a Colt Combat Commander. Here are the results:

Bells and Whistles award: Springfield Champion.
This gun has everything you could want; adj trigger night sights, load indicator, ambi safety.

Reliable award: Tie
No jams. shot some old ammo and old generic mags. Everybody came through with flying colors.

Accuracy Award
Close range ( 7yds to 10 yds): Tie
Long range ( 15yds to 30 yds): Colt Commander
This one surprised me as the Springfield was heavier.

Conclusion: I like the Springfield alot and it would make a fine carry piece. Considering the Colt had regular fixed sights no adj trigger or any extras except a slight extension on the grip safety, The Springfield should have won hands down. It did not. Colt is still at the top. Next up Kimber. I will let you know......
:hail:COLT!:You_Rock_Emoticon:

1 - 2 of 2 Posts