Gun and Game Forum banner

1 - 20 of 23 Posts

·
Registered
64 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Just picked up a .357 6" bbl. stainless Comanche III from Laserre of Argentina.
Have any of you had/used one of these? Any feedback? Let me know what you think off them.
Thanks

·
Registered
11,918 Posts
Regretably I know nothing about them, but I've been considering them, so please post on how it does!

·
Registered
64 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
Going to the range today. I'm going to take the comanche & 2 cetmes that I got in the same trade. I'll let you know how they do. I have to tell you thogh before I even shoot the comanche, I'm very impressed with the trigger. DA pull is very light & smooth with a defined sear break. SA is almost non-existant, can't be more than 2 1/2 lbs.

·
Registered
64 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
Went out yesterday to the range, going to my dealer this week to put a few more of these babies on layaway for me. great little pistols at a great price! Started out with mild start loads of .38's and worked up to full blown magnums with out a hitch. The trigger in DA was light enough that my 8 yr. old son could squeeze it through and stay on target and my 12 yr. old was going 1 handed w/ no problem & the recoil of the full magnums was well tamed by the rib & underlug, no complaints from me or my sons. Oh BRG3 check out the CETME page, from young id I'ld guess your a fan of these little rifle too.

·
Registered
11,918 Posts
I can respect a good CETME, but my username suggests I'm too spoiled for one. My choice is an FA-91 G3. I might go for a stainless receivered CETME some day, though, for my carbine project idea. I wonder if anyone's been able to fit a collapsible stock on one.

·
Registered
64 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 ·
Aren't the CETME & G3's the same just different builders? If so would the stock interchange- because I saw adjust stocks SGN for the CETME for $30.

·
Registered
11,918 Posts
They are not the same. Their design is the same but the specs and a couple features are different. Some parts interchange easily, some require work, some won't at all. I'm not a CETME expert myself, or a G3 one for that matter. I'm not sure what else is different about a retractable stock. Thing is, I'd prefer the wide concave butt of the MP5 stock over the anemic convex stock of the G3.

·
Registered
64 Posts
Discussion Starter · #8 ·
Hey guys, thought I better give you an update on this pistol. Went shooting yesterday. Took a 100 round box of win. fmj .38 spl. white box for this pistol, not reloads-factory. Shot great for 50 60 rounds then it started to spread out on the groups. Got to my last cylinder of rounds and boom! Cylinder came apart, luckily no injuries to anyone. After the shakes stopped I took the pistol back to my dealer with what peices I could find & the ammo. We started examining the pistol, I thought the cylinder was bad but we found a spot on the forcing cone were the bullet hit & jammed,it looks like the cylinder got out of time during the shooting. No way to tell if this an inherent problem with the design, quality or just a fluke. We sent the frame back to the importer, I'll let you know what happens from there.

·
Registered
1 Posts
Comache III

Wow, I hope my cylinder does not come apart on me like that ! I bought my Comache a few days ago and today was the first day at range with it. I had a really hard time getting it sited in. After 50 round of .38 wadcutters I was finally able to get it grouping at 2" at 35 yards. I have to admit, I'm not a pro. But, the very first shot was 1' left of center,so I started walking it in by adjusting the rear site.

Once I had it grouping I cleaned it because the .38 round has a habbit of building up residue in cylinder of .357. After the cleaning I starting shooting 158gr magnum rounds. The gun held up to 39 rounds,but I could tell it was time to stop because it was no longer grouping consistently. That could be explained by a few factors, one of which , I was getting tired. So far the frame and cylinder has held up to 89 rounds,but I'm not having any luck at getting it zeroed in.

·
Registered
1 Posts
I bought one in 2005, and have put about 500 mag rounds thru mine. So far no problems. The groups do get a little larger after you shoot for a while, but if you let it cool completely and clean out any leading they tighten back up. My biggest gripe is finding a holster that'll accept that big lug under the barrel. I took a whitetail doe about 45 yards with it in '07.

·
Registered
171 Posts
Mine's the 3 inch one...

The pistol I mean. Shoots fine for an inexpensive pistol. But I am a bit freaked about the cylinder issue I just read about. I have fired 400 357 mag rounds and an ungodly amount of 38 spcl target and +p rounds through it. Pretty accurate for a 3 inch barrel, hits pop cans and pine cones pretty well. Now that I have been bit by the pistol bug once again I have the Desert Eagle 50 cal on the horizon. I figure I already got my ruger single six 22 with both cylinders (mag and long rifle) I am ready for a real big bang. But back to the commanche I am sorry to hear about your unfortunate experience. I hear conflicting news about this line of revolver. Are these still produced by Llama or are they seperate?

·
Registered
1 Posts
I wish I saw this before I bought mine. So far, I have fired almost 300 rd in 2 weekends just to sight it in. My grouping is pretty close to my "norm". I had some issues with some of the rounds nit fitting, but once I mic the rounds, I found it was that it had swollen and would not fit in the cylinder. Cylinder blowing, crazy info, I will need to get this examined FAST. Thanks for the warning, better late, then never.

·
Registered
3 Posts
Hi guys , new to this forum , found it while looking for some info on the Comanche III, today i had an issue with my gun (.357 SS 6" barrel) as I was shooting my second set of 6 rounds , the cilinder flew open and few pieces came out, I was not shooting anythng but .38's the trigger will not work and the cilinder pin is bent. I probably have around 3 boxes of .38 and 1 box of .357 on this gun. I will try to send it back to the importer on Monday , will keep you all posted.

·
Banned
10,852 Posts
Never shot or handled one but have heard they are very good guns for the price.

·
Registered
582 Posts
Hearing about a gun going to pieces in somebodies hand is like hearing about a airplane crash. It freaks everybody out for a while but really doesn't happen all that often. Not trying to belittle any of these experiences but if some of you guys have several hundred or more rounds thru your guns I MIGHT be tempted to contact the maker for a check up but the stated problems have occured within the first couple of boxes so sounds like these guys unfortunatly got the Monday morning/Friday afternoon run.

·
Registered
3 Posts
Call the Distributor, gave numbver of repair place ,Shipped handgun ( next day air ) what a ripoff!!! anyway , lifetime warranty to original owner, will get it back repaired in 3 weeks,the incident not the norm, but it has happen before.

·
Registered
1 Posts
Hey guys I found this revived thread while searching for more info on the Comanche revolver. I bought 2 of these recently after doing a quick search and not finding much. Now that I have had a problem I have begun to search a little deeper. I am not thrilled with what I have found. My Comanche III started giving problems after the first 12 rounds. Now I have OCD about cleanliness of my firearms. So it was cleaned very well. My 4" started locking up after the first 12 rounds. I took it to a local gunsmith who checked it out and found nothing significant about it except the metal of the "Bolt" was a very soft aluminum. The timing seems to be fine and there is no shaving going on. But none the less it still locks up. I swing the cylinder out and back in and it will be fine for a few more rounds. No luck with getting warranty repair. The don't answer the phone and don't return emails. So it is safe fodder for now. I can't sell it with any piece or peace of mind to anyone. SO now I have a useless gun. However the 2nd one I bought with this one is fine. It performs like it should.

·
Registered
3 Posts
Repair

On Feb 2nd I sent my Comanche to a repair center , after 4 weeks they call me and informed me that the frame was completely out of specs so the distributor was going to send me a replacement, Ha !! then I received a call from Eagle Imports that the 6 inch barrel is no longer been manuf. ok so i settle for the 4 inch . now today may 14 they are going to send me the replacement , but............. it has to be sent to an FFl. Now I'm already $55.75 into this POS. from sending it next day air , now I have to dump another $45 on the receiving dealer . What a F.......ing mistake
beware STAY AWAY FROM THIS GUNS!!!!!!!!!!!!

1 - 20 of 23 Posts