Gun and Game Forum banner

1 - 3 of 3 Posts

·
Registered
16,485 Posts
JC506, I respectfully have to disagree with your post. It isn't that they can't handle them safely. For some people, using a shotgun in their home is awkward, that makes it unsafe, for them. For others it might simply be to big for them to handle, again, that makes it unsafe for them to handle. For still others, shotguns can be very intimidating, especially for women that want something to protect themselves, again, that can make it unsafe and here's the main point and issue, IN THEIR OWN HOMES! So it isn't necessarily that they can't handle a shotgun safely, the surroundings may make it so. So, therefore they should be allowed to have, own and/or use a handgun. And I guess I'd add this, the main difference I can see in the 2, a hand gun can be concealed easier. I say what's the difference, it's in their own homes, their own property for their protection.

If it were me, and something happened to me or my family, in my or our own home, as a result from me not being allowed to have a hand gun in my own home, I'd sue there butts for some ridiculous amount for whatever happened and that it was a direct result from not being allowed to properly protect myself and or my family. I may not win, but I tell you what, I might and maybe if more tried, they might wake up. Besides one day, someone just might win a nice hefty lawsuit? Ya' just never know.

So to me, this issue isn't or was never about not letting them protect themselves in their homes. If that was the case they wouldn't let them have anything, but they can have a rifle or a shotgun. It's about not letting them have something that can be easily concealed (MHO) where all the politicians tend to be. Again, I'd add, if someone wants to kill, they'll kill. A rifle or a shotgun kills just the same as any handgun.

If safety is or were the only issue, then they could make anyone wanting one in their home take and pass a safety course. But there's more to this issue then that. The fact it goes against an individuals right to bear arms is the only issue that should even be being discussed. And that shouldn't even be taking as long as it is let alone even be an issue. As per usual, all the anti-gunners are trying to read something into the 2nd Amendment that isn't there. And they can't except the plain old truth, there isn't anything there and it means what it says. They all need to except it and deal with it and find a more important issue that needs attention and or fixing in this fine country.

1 - 3 of 3 Posts