Community Library all done

Discussion in 'Off The Reservation' started by SaigaAK74, Sep 17, 2020.

1. SaigaAK74

SaigaAK74 G&G Evangelist

Evening all, hope everyone is doing alright. 2020 has been a kicker in the rear this year...

Anyway, I thought I would share my newest creating, a community library book box. A lady I know commissioned me to make one, with the cabinet door she provided. It took some time to figure it all out, and I know its not perfect. But for a first try, not too shabby.

book box.jpg book box 68.jpg
    Here is where I started, rough measurements, using an air stapler to keep things in place long enough to mock it up. Most materials are pine, and some re-used pew wood.

I had a pile of used license plates a guy gave me a while back, so, I figured it would make a great roof line. I stained it with a honey stain, and used a magnet for the door latch. I also used my welding skills to make the lettering on the top out of old nails.

look 1.jpg look 3.jpg
    look 4.jpg look 5.jpg

Also, because I like to see what else would look good in it, I put wine glasses on top, and a selection of wines on the bottom. I like the looks of it!

look 6.jpg look 7.jpg

Anyways, on to the next project. Have several in limbo, and with the thick stagnant smoke air, it keeps me indoors at night.

Cheers to you all!

2. ChaZam

ChaZam G&G Evangelist Forum Contributor

Nice craft project. I hope they put it to good use.

grizcty, neophyte and SaigaAK74 like this.

3. SaigaAK74

SaigaAK74 G&G Evangelist

So do I. :)

neophyte and ChaZam like this.
  4. grizcty

grizcty God, Guns, Glory Forum Contributor

5. Huey Rider

Huey Rider G&G Evangelist Forum Contributor

Nice. Great creativity!!

6. That's great! I hope people make good use of it.

There are a couple of Little Free Libraries around town here that I borrow from and donate to.