Gun and Game Forum banner
1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
1 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I have been shooting rifles for 6 years now at NRA and CMP certified matches just wondering if anyone else here shoots. these matches

·
Registered
589 Posts
I've been shootin small bore NRA matches for a few months now that's about it. I just purchased my M1 garand not to long ago so I am thinkin about shootin CMP matches with that in the near future

·
Registered
2,220 Posts
Competitive shooter here. NRA classified sharpshooter.
Started out about 6 years ago with CMP Garand Matches. Now I'm shooting the AR 15 Bushmaster DCM/CMP model. Shooting the high power matches and across-the-course matches.

Where To Shoot | Home here is a good site to check for ranges/clubs near by.

Member: Bayou Rifles.org Houston Texas

·
Chief Troll B' Gone
4,625 Posts
I used to shoot NRA matches, I don't any longer, because I sold the gun I shot the matches with. It is a lot of fun, though, and you get to see how you stack up with other people in your area.

·
Registered
589 Posts
oh yeah and even if you dont do well its also a source to find pointers on how to improve your shooting by finding out all sorts of little tricks here and there that help the other shooters.

·
Chief Troll B' Gone
4,625 Posts
oh yeah and even if you dont do well its also a source to find pointers on how to improve your shooting by finding out all sorts of little tricks here and there that help the other shooters.
That is true, you learn a little bit every time tou compete

1 - 6 of 6 Posts