Competitive Shooters

Discussion in 'General Rifle' started by AndrewA74, Oct 2, 2010.

1. AndrewA74

AndrewA74 G&G Addict

Hello,
    I was wondering if anyone here was a competitive shooter? I'm a part of the JROTC rifle team, and although we fire .177 air rifles, the marksmanship quality does not change. I went to my first competition today, and I was just wondering if anyone else messes with competition shooting? Thanks.
    Andrew

Btw- made a 178 out of 300 on my shooting of prone, kneeling, and standing put together.

2. Para Cassatt

Para Cassatt G&G Evangelist Forum Contributor

Congrats on the score. I do not shoot in competition,or even air rifles at the time, but always enjoy reading about it.Where did you place?

3. AndrewA74

AndrewA74 G&G Addict

Unfortunatly I do not know exactly where I placed, but as a team we placed around mid-field because the commander of our rifle team accidentally picked up the wrong rifle and brought it but did not check to make sure it was the right one so one cadet shot with someone else's rifle and had a hard time zero-ing in the sights. Thanks for compliment, I was really suprised I did so well, I normally average around around 120-130.
    Andrew

4. Para Cassatt

Para Cassatt G&G Evangelist Forum Contributor

I bet the commander won't do that again. What kind of air rifles are you using?

5. AndrewA74

AndrewA74 G&G Addict

We use the Daisy 853

[​IMG]