Conceal Carry Training in Ohio

Discussion in 'The Powder Keg' started by Punisher, May 9, 2008.

1. Punisher

Punisher Guest

Hey everyone I'm taking my CCW training June 8th. I was wondering is there anyone on here thats in OH and took their training. I heard from a customer at a gun shop that the test is open book. I need to bring 150 rds of ammo with me. What kind of shooting is done at the range? I need all the info I can get. Thanks. :feedback:

2. rl356

rl356 G&G Addict

Honestly, whether or not the test is open book will depend on the instructor issuing the test. Two hours of range time/ live fire exercise training is is part of the ccw course. After which you must complete a competency examination given by the instructor in order to pass the course. This consists of safe firearm handling, safe ammunition handling, and of course the ability place shots on the target. It's really not all that difficult of a test if you're prepared. Common sense is key. Read the booklet, and practice as much as you can at the range. Good luck.

3. Punisher

Punisher Guest

Thanks. We have to take/pass the test before we can go to the range. The range is at a different place than the class. Do you carry extra clips with your carry gun? I was wondering if I should. I bought 2 extra clips when I got my gun.

4. Punisher

Punisher Guest

Well I took and passed my CCW training Sun. Now Im trying to find a Sheriff office that isnt backed up.