Concealed 1911's

Discussion in 'The Powder Keg' started by oneastrix, Sep 17, 2002.

1. oneastrix

oneastrix G&G Newbie

Have a Kimber Gov't, but would love to hear input on any "small" 1911 you may own or are familiar with. Looking at the Springfields right now, but still love the Kimbers....

2. wes

wes Guest

I carry a Springfield light weight Champion. Alum. alloy frame,short barrel. Very comfortable,(sometimes I have to check to make sure it's there) It's rounded enough that nothing digs in. I did replace the grips,the sharp checkering was like carrying a rasp. It's never jammed on me. At a hundred yds. I MIGHT be able to worry someone a bit,with my Colt Gov. series 70 with .460 Rowland kit,I could worry them a lot more.

3. NRAJOE

NRAJOE YOU TALKIN' TO ME!? Forum Contributor

I used to have the Springfield V-10 Ultra compact. Excellent gun, one of those shoulda kept, sorry its gone guns! :(

4. jerry

jerry Since 03-15- 2002 Forum Contributor

USA
    Sorry 1* you didn't mention which Kimber. The one Kimber carry that comes to my mind fist is The Ultra Carry thay claim it is the smallest lightest 1911 available. Also see the new Ultra TenII " Bull bbl polymer frame weight 24 oz.
    Oh & don't foreget the Pro Carry HD (Heavy Duty) full size SST frame 4" bbl.

5. oneastrix

oneastrix G&G Newbie

Thanks guys. I'm a mile away from buying one, but just kicking it around in my head. Ain't it funny how a new baby (11 month old) will slow down one's gun buying?!?!?!?