close

Privacy guaranteed - Your email is not shared with anyone.

Concealed guns bill passes Missouri House 104-46

Discussion in 'The Powder Keg' started by Oxford, Mar 21, 2002.

1. Oxford

Oxford G&G Evangelist

Source: KIT WAGAR The Kansas City Star

JEFFERSON CITY - Missouri residents would be able to travel throughout the state with concealed handguns in their vehicles under legislation that received preliminary approval Wednesday in the House. Supporters of the bill fended off repeated
    attempts to water down or gut the bill, one of several bills this session that would loosen Missouri's ban on concealed weapons.

According to Rep. Beth Long of Lebonon, "This is not about conceal-and-carry. This is about protection."

See page B3 of the Kansas City Star for the complete story from above.

Oxford

2. Shaun

Shaun G&G Newbie

good for missouri now we just have to get them to pass a carry law that is unrestricted and then allow reciprocity with their neighboring states as well as others

3. wes

wes G&G Newbie

Guess they finally "showed them". BTW Shaun I love your avatar.

4. All I can say is ^5 to Missouri and the smart people who live there.......yepper.

Sounds like a giant leep in the right direction.

And Shawn.....I ditto......love your avatar.....wish I could find one small enough to fit but the one where I was 'nuzzling' up the dog (and I don't mean my wife) on the last camping trip was a tad too large.

5. OldSchool

OldSchool G&G Newbie

Don't declare a victory yet, this bill still has to pass our anti-gun governer Bob Holden. Governer Holden has pleadged to kill it. There is not a chance in heck this deal will pass. We had "concealed and carry" put to the voters a few years ago here in Missouri, at the last minuet, antis were able to get the wording on the ballot changed so it appeared to the uninformed voter that anyone would be able to carry if it passed, which was simply not the case. It failed miserably.

OldSchool

6. Jeffro

Jeffro G&G Newbie

I am very much saddened to say that OldSchool is probably correct. I don't think there will be enough support in the Missouri Senate to overide a veto by Governor Holden. He is cast from the same mold as Mel Carnahan, our previous Gov. I can't for the life of me, figure out why they are making such a "saint" out of Carnahan, he was NO great governor, and his wife is NO great senator, yet they act like they are sent from Heaven. Holden will DEFINITELY veto the bill, then we can only hope.............. but the chances are slim. :mad:
    Safe shootin', Jeffro (Jeff)

7. The concealed carry was shot down here the last time because of the metropolitan area nazi's,we in the rural areas approved it.It's legal to transport a loaded firearm in the open,except in St.Louis,where I currently work.I guess the only ones riding around St.Louis right with concealed weapons are the criminals.LoL :D

8. PAPA G

PAPA G G&G Evangelist Forum Contributor

i am comfused:confused: is this bill just for in the vehicle??? what about C.C. on the pedestrian?? with such a lop-sided vote it should override easily with pressure on those who would block it. any way dems think their at the left hand of God and the saviors of the nation, its part of their creed!!!:rolleyes:

9. psycho dad

psycho dad G&G Newbie

just a heads up on the last time this legislation came up in missouri and was defeated. the war chest of the opponenets of this legislation was enourmous, which helped defeat this legislation. big contributors were the st louis cardinals, the kansas city cheifs, hallmark cards and dannon to name a few. i keep abreast on a nation wide basis. this is why i do not buy dannon yogurt or hallmark cards and told em too!