concealed holster

Discussion in 'The Powder Keg' started by momma2_3, May 21, 2008.

1. momma2_3

momma2_3 Guest

Hi - I am asking this in complete ignorance, someone told me that out there someone makes a concealed holster that attaches to the waist but hangs down inside the pant leg??? Was this person for real because I'm not finding one. My husband needs to wear his shirt tucked in but does not always have a jacket on and he carries either a Taurus PT145 Millenium Pro or a Taurus PT140 Millenium Pro which doesn't always conceal well in his slacks pocket. Can anyone help me?? Thanks!

2. neophyte

neophyte Wonderment :) Forum Contributor

described

momma2_3: Ma'am; yes you described an "in the waist band" holster.
    Good description. Now to find one for the PT145

Ma'am; Ross Leather-Inside Waistband Holster

Found at gunaccessory.com
    my link doesn't work. Google this mark.

Follow up if it don't find what you think you need.

Last edited: May 21, 2008

3. momma2_3

momma2_3 Guest

Thank you so much for the link! Can I display my ignorance anymore by asking which of the following would be the one that hangs down inside the pants?? Or do they all? Thank you again for your response, you've been very helpful! :)

Inside Pants w/Loop
    Inside Pants Tuck Holster
    Leather Inside Pants w/Hook

4. neophyte

Inside waist band

momma2_3: Ma'am; Look for the "Inside Waist Band" which you have found

Next is tough. Is the "hubby" big, is hubby "round", is hubby "skinny":)
    These will make a difference in comfort.:) All that you have listed are Inside the Waist Band
    So my shot in the dark?

Loop means: for the trouser belt to slip through to hold holster.
    Hook means: for the holster to "hook" on the trouser and ?belt? either
    Tuck means: kinda like crammed in between 'meat' and trouser

Pictures show ?belt hanger? facing us as we look at them.

Ma'am; do not hesitate to ask. Many more will probably chime in to help.
    I picked one manufacture. Others exist.

5. momma2_3

momma2_3 Guest

Hubby is 5'11'' and about 158lbs so probably classified as "skinny". :)
    He wore a 32" waist pant before he started carrying, now he wears a 34" for more comfort.

As I looked at the pics of the Ross Leather ones my hubby already has an Uncle Mike's sidekick which looks similar to the top 3 holsters. And when he wears it with a tucked in shirt it is by no means completely concealed. So I didn't want to make a mistake by getting one just like the one he has already. I guess I had in my head from the person who told me about the holster originally that it hung down farther in the pants...is that incorrect?

I have to leave soon but will check for replies as soon as I can as y'all have been most helpful! :)

6. neophyte

Trouser

momma2_3: Ma'am: Correct. Tucking the shirt in is a problem is the problem.
    Skinny, larger, or over size we all have that problem.
    Deeper into the trouser; the firearm would be useless if needed in a hurry or maybe even not in a hurry.
    With out of waist shirts they will work. Tucked in NOPE.

I believe in looking for options. Not negatives. What about a :)new:) firearm. :)pocket:) pistol.
    Then a drop into the pocket when tuck is in order.

Once upon a time I too wore 32's then 34's oh well you get the idea.

Now I summer carry Smith Wesson 638 in front or back pocket. It suites me and my lifestyle.

Others use the Semi auto going to anything from .22-.380 as pocket firearms.

Just so the "hubby" understands. I carry others at other times. Glocks, Ruger GP100 4". The 638 goes when I go year round.

Ankle holster for the smaller i.e. SW638 for me suck. aggravating mess tied to my leg. Didn't purchase one to find out. I borrowed and was awful happy to return it.

Follow up with your thoughts.

momma2_3: Ma'am: Correct. Tucking the shirt in is a problem is the problem.
    Skinny, larger, or over size we all have that problem.
    Deeper into the trouser; the firearm would be useless if needed in a hurry or maybe even not in a hurry.
    With out of waist shirts they will work. Tucked in NOPE.

I believe in looking for options. Not negatives. What about a :)new:) firearm. :)pocket:) pistol.
    Then a drop into the pocket when tuck is in order.

Once upon a time I too wore 32's then 34's oh well you get the idea.

Now I summer carry Smith Wesson 638 in front or back pocket. It suites me and my lifestyle.

Others use the Semi auto going to anything from .22-.380 as pocket firearms.

Just so the "hubby" understands. I carry others at other times. Glocks, Ruger GP100 4". The 638 goes when I go year round.

7. momma2_3

momma2_3 Guest

Thanks so much for all your thoughts and input. Hubby would probably take a new gun over a new holster anyday! :) I think I may explore that option. Thanks again for all your help!

8. neophyte

Ladies

momma2_3: Ma'am; please hang around. We have a wonderful "Ladies" group that help keep us :09::09: Well you know what I mean.
    Ask the "hubby" to join in too.:)
    "Women Shooters Forum" great group.

Craig

9. Palladin8

Palladin8 G&G Evangelist

ConcealCity.com

Momma2_3 this is what I wear. It is very comfortable and very easy to use. If you watch the video on the website it will explain everything you need to know about how to use it. I have tried several different carry holsters but this one works the best for me.
    Hope this helps

10. Therr are many tuckable holsters but my favorites would from Tucker gunleather
    WWW.tuckergunleather.com

Check out the IWB holsters. Many of them can be worn with a shirt tucked in.

Last edited: May 27, 2008