Concealed Jogging Holster??

Discussion in 'The Powder Keg' started by ryanwayne, May 12, 2008.

1. ryanwayne

ryanwayne Guest

I need a good concealed jogging holster. Only found one but it doesn't look very secure after a long jog. Any ideas???
    -------------
    Ryan

Are you a sheep or sheepdog??

2. TXplt

TXplt Gun Toting Boeing Driver Forum Contributor

Only thing I can think of would be a fanny pack. I wear one of those when biking and carrying.

3. On of those elastic belly/chest bands with the built in holster would work for a small frame... Or even the tactical underarmor holsters.

4. Dmcgaha

Dmcgaha Guest

This is what I did...

I took the smartcarry/thunderwear holster, cut the straps off, and had it sewn to a athletic supporter. I carry a Keltec 380 in there and it works perfectly for me...I'm a distance runner. I wear short that have the lining in it for a little support.

5. I've been looking for a holster for my night time Roller Blade rides and a fanny pack seems to make the most sense to me.

6. TheWall

TheWall Firearm Affectionado Forum Contributor

I see lots of joggers wearing fanny packs. That would make it a common sight, which would be a good thing. Or just attach a set of head phones to your gun and say it's a new style Walkman. lol

7. That was the solution that occurred to me, too, particularly for a smaller gun. You might not want to politely ask the bad guys to wait while you dig into a fanny pack, even assuming it isn't the first thing they grab for.

Gun holsters concealed by SmartCarry concealed holsters

8. Rambo

Rambo G&G Evangelist Forum Contributor

America
    The make a fanny pack for concealed carry. Looks like a regular fanny pack but has a zip cord that opens to the handgun real quick. Look around.

9. To be specific, my problem with a fanny pack is that it's the equivalent of a wallet. Assuming you aren't a woman and a target of attempted rape, the most likely reason you'll get jumped while jogging is for strong-arm robbery, where they knock you down and take off with your goodies. And a fanny pack will be target numero uno, if you're wearing one. I'd say you're more likely to lose your weapon than you are to use it, if that's where you carry it....

Last edited: Jul 12, 2008
  10. Troy hit it right on the head , the fanny pack is a bad idea, you will best served with either a belly band or underwear holster.

11. C bond

C bond Guest

Best running/jogging holster

I looked for a long time for a holster to run in since I tend to run at night. I tried everything and some worked fair but none of them worked well. Then I found a link to this holster called the PT-ONE. I bought one and all I can say is that it is great!!! I run in Texas so it is pretty hot and the holster is still very comfortable. It was especially designed for running - I think by a Physical Therapist. Anyway, the website is Pistol Wear - Holsters for Concealed Handguns

Good luck.

12. Ten Man

Ten Man G&G Evangelist

Tennessee
    Belly Band from Action Direct works very well. Get it one size smaller than normal, and it will not shift around when jogging.:banana:

13. G. Green

G. Green G&G Newbie

Nice holster

'Nother good thing about that holster is it looks a lot like a carrier for the portable cd players. As has been said a substantial fanny pack scream "gun"

14. Got one of those 5.11 holster shirts just for that purpose. End result, I keep my keys in it and hope that if SHTF I can run fast enough back to the truck to get my Glock out. The holster shirt was a good idea, but even with a Kel Tec P11 (a relatively small gun) it shifted so much that I had red chaffing on my chest from it.

15. twtalbot

twtalbot G&G Newbie

The DeSantis Belly Band is strong, wide enough not to bind, and has a Velcro strap that will keep the gun from falling out.