close

Privacy guaranteed - Your email is not shared with anyone.

concealed permit.

Discussion in 'The Powder Keg' started by tommy, Jun 12, 2002.

1. tommy

tommy G&G Enthusiast

to get a concealed weapon permit do you have to have a registerd gun on you'r person .or can you carry a nonregisterd gun with you

2. Jesse

Jesse G&G Newbie Forum Contributor

Depends on the state. I think in LA, you don't need to register the firearm. The CCW entails training in the use of deadly force, range qualification, and some form of identification issued on the state or local level.

Anyone from Louisiana know more about your state's CCW?

Jesse

3. tommy

tommy G&G Enthusiast

i looked up the la registering law and you don't have to have it registerd but i don't know if to get a ccw permit do you have to carry just a registerd gun or not

4. jarcp

jarcp G&G Newbie

Here in Okla. You don't have to register any handguns. But our CCW permits specify auto or revolver or both. Check with your local Parish sherrif. Or more likely the LSBI.

5. Eric

Eric G&G Newbie

USA
    I don't know about other states, but in mine: Just don't be a criminal and pay your five dollars a year...doesn't matter what gun you're carrying. Good Shooting!

6. jarcp--Texas has similar laws even though I don't have a CCW--I have my reasons.

7. Mon Bathan

Mon Bathan G&G Newbie

In our place, its called permit to carry weapon outside of residence and oftentimes referred to as PTC. To get a PTC one must have a licensed firearm. Both gun license and PTC have separate ID cards that are issued. One must always bring both the said licenses everytime he has to bring his piece outside of his residence, otherwise he in deep "S" if he gets accosted.

Mon