Gun and Game Forum banner

1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Premium Member
3,827 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I recently bought 100 Sierra prohunter's 180gr. 303cal the box says .311dia.these bullets are for my mosin nagat that slugged .311when i checked them on my calipers there anywhere from .309 to .310 i checked 65 out of the 100should they be this much under the printed DIA on the box?

·
Premium Member
4,136 Posts
I don't trust my caliper for accurate .001's measuements. Have you tried a micrometer?

·
Registered
15,235 Posts
They will be fine and fit the bore after firing.I can't feature 65 out of 100 being different.I would contact Sierra and talk it over with them. ,,,sam.

·
Registered
8,553 Posts
Sierra is strict on their bullets QC. If you feel uncomfortable with them call Sierra's tech support (1-800-223-8799) to discuss it; as sam suggests. They should, however, be fine.Take a few and set them, tip down, into the muzzle of your rifle. If they make contact with the lands you will be fine...if they drop into the barrel they could be too undersize; unless, of course, your barrel is pretty much shot out. Personally, I can accept a -3 thousandth difference but nothing grater than that. You're at -2.

·
Premium Member
3,827 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
okthanks guysim just worried that when i go to seat them that they will just drop in threw the neck of the shell and get stuck in the case.i have lee dies and i also have both the 308 and 311 expander

1 - 5 of 5 Posts