Contender in a movie

Discussion in 'The Powder Keg' started by oldjarhead, May 28, 2008.

1. oldjarhead

oldjarhead G&G Evangelist

MO
    Will wonders never cease. Last evening I watched a Jean Claude Van Damme movie...a wild shoot-em up.
    The main bad guy used a TC Contender pistol. For me, that was a first.
    Don't know what caliber but it resembled a .458...I had to snicker cause it had absolutely zero recoil.

2. Texan4life

Texan4life G&G Newbie

Texas
    I remember that movie, and I think you are right. I believe it was a .45-70. I guess it helps when you are shooting blanks.

3. If that's the one where the baddy shot at the goodies from a bridge while the goodies were on a train......yup.....a waste of electricity.

4. oldjarhead

MO
    Yep...that's the one.
    With all them bullets flyin' you'da thunk somebody would've got hit other thn the bad guys.

It may have been...but he hd a never ending supply in his coat pocket.
    I want a coat like that.

Last edited: Jun 7, 2008
  5. Palladin8

Palladin8 G&G Evangelist

I've yet to see a Van Damme movie that isn't a waste of electricity

6. LiveToShoot

LiveToShoot Suspended

When I hear of a TC in 45-70 I'm amused, and would like to see someone shooting one...

...the recoil would be intense, a real wrist breaker if you weren't careful.

7. wheelgun

wheelgun G&G Newbie

texas
    I have a 14" barrel 45-70 it has some recoil but not as hard as my Ruger 454 Casull.You really have to keep the 45-70 loads down to Trapdoor levels or its may stretch your frame.

8. oldjarhead

MO
    I've fired the 45/70 from a 10" barrell and it was a hefty recoil but not a wrist breaker. I've been looking for one but they don't make'em for the original model.