Continental Arms .22 (model 1933) replacement bolt

Discussion in 'Manufacturers' started by Wk1234, May 22, 2020.

1. Wk1234

Wk1234 G&G Newbie

Hi,

I have an old mail order .22 rifle from the early 20th century that was given to me about a year or more ago. I don’t know the specific year it was made but it says continental arms model 1933 on it. The problem is it is missing the bolt and firing pin assembly. So basically it’s just a barrel and a loose trigger assembly. I’d love to get a replacement bolt for it and use it if I can but I’m having a really hard time finding one anywhere. It’s sort of an obscure and not too sought after gun I suppose and so parts for it are even more scarce. It’s not rare per se but it is definitely limited since I believe it was manufacture for a short time and possibly not many were made because they were just mail order rifles from old catalogs. At least as best as I’ve been able to tell from my research and from input from friends.

I was wondering if anyone knows of any places I could get a replacement bolt or if there are any “equivalent” bolts that might not be the exact same one used originally but would function the same (or better) and be easier to acquire? Or even better yet if anyone here has a bolt from an original one that they’d be willing to give me or sell off?

Thanks for any input and help, it’s all much appreciated.

2. Wk1234

Wk1234 G&G Newbie

Additional: I don’t have any photos of it currently because it’s with a friend in another town right now but if I can get some I’ll post them here for you too look at. Thanks!

3. chesterwin

chesterwin G&G Evangelist

Last edited: May 22, 2020
  4. Gray Wolf

Gray Wolf G&G Evangelist

Phoenix
    Have you tried Numrich Arms, aka the gun parts Corp.?

jwrauch likes this.
  5. Wk1234

Wk1234 G&G Newbie

Thanks! I’ll check it out

6. Wk1234

Wk1234 G&G Newbie

I haven’t, I’ll look and see what I can find. Thanks!

7. Wk1234

Wk1234 G&G Newbie

I checked both of those out and couldn’t find much that helped. I found a bit more with the Stevens model 52 but nothing fully. Just a piece here and there of the entire bolt assembly I need and even with all of those (and the increased price of having to buy all the parts separately) I still couldn’t find everything I need. Also I couldn’t find anything else through Numrich Arms.

Anything else would be great. Again, thanks!

8. chesterwin

Be patient. Keep looking for a model 52 Stevens bolt. That link I posted says your rifle is a copy of it. How close? Until you find one to try, I personally doubt anyone or only a handful of folks know for sure. It's the way to the other side of the tree that I'd take.

9. Wk1234

Wk1234 G&G Newbie

Does anyone know if a Stevens model 53 could also be a viable option? And either way should I be looking for (either a 52, or 53) a model A or B? I’m not sure what the difference even is between them but I keep seeing old auctions and postings for Stevens Model 52-A or model 52-B and quite a few Model 53’s with the same sort of thing. I’ve found a Model 53-B for sale currently that I would buy right now if I knew it would work. Any help is greatly appreciated. Thanks!

10. chesterwin

The following listings in the link indicate the bolt is interchangeable in the Stevens rifles:
    https://www.gunpartscorp.com/gun-manufacturer/savstevspgfld/rifles-sav/53

11. There is one pictured here...https://www.gunsamerica.com/925840470/Continental-Arms-Company-Model-1933.htm

Continental Arms Company 1933, These were a house brand made for and sold through Marshall Well and Co. Out of Duluth Minnesota. A hardware, general merchandise company. This is one that was made for them as a house brand gun. It is a copy of a Stevens 52 .22 rifle. Manual cock of firing pin after bolt closes as well. Manufacturer: Continental Arms Company - Model: 1933- Caliber - Gauge: .22 Short, .22 Long & .22 Long rifle - Capacity: 1 - Barrel Length: 24"- Overall Length: 39.25"- Finish: Blued Steel- Chamber Size: N/A- Action: Bolt- Stock: Wood- Sights: Rear- Ramp, Front- Changeable With Hood - Additional Description: Take Down Rifle

12. Wk1234

Wk1234 G&G Newbie

13. chesterwin