close

Privacy guaranteed - Your email is not shared with anyone.

Control Tower Lingo

Discussion in 'The Powder Keg' started by Doglips, Aug 3, 2002.

1. Doglips

Doglips G&G Newbie

Control Tower Lingo
    On some air bases the Air Force is on one side of the field and civilian aircraft use the other side of the field, with the control tower in the middle. One day the tower received a call from an aircraft asking, "What time is it?"

The tower responded, "Who is calling?"

The aircraft replied, "What difference does it make?"

The tower replied, "It makes a lot of difference. If it is an American Airlines flight, it is 3 o'clock. If it is an Air Force, it is 1500 hours. If it is a Navy aircraft, it is 6 bells. If it is an Army aircraft, the big hand is on the 12 and the little hand is on the 3."

2. Oxford

Oxford G&G Evangelist

I've gone mute on this one.

I'm not getting in the middle of this p is sing contest between different branches of the military. (ha)

3. NRAJOE

NRAJOE YOU TALKIN' TO ME!? Forum Contributor

Watch it son, before I was NRAJOE I was G.I.JOE BUDDY!:D

4. Doglips

Doglips G&G Newbie

I were a Marine (Mussle A Requirement Intelagence Not Essencial)... Even became a recuriter....trust me johney Infentry gets paid 2x as much as everone else and we all get certified to repair airplanes...of course I cant promis that you will get infentry but if you sign this 6 year contract Ill see what I can do for you...Oh when you arrive at boot camp the guys wareing the round hats are there to carry your lugage...if they give you any grief tell them to pick up your bags and shut up...(Had one recruit do it....got a telephone call from the Drill Instructor asking me if I was trying to get my recruits killed)

5. Klaus

Klaus G&G Newbie

Sounds like the recruit was well qualified, maybe even Army material.

6. NRAJOE

Very funny "water boy"! :rolleyes:

7. Klaus

Klaus G&G Newbie

How'd you know I was an Aquarius? Oh, the birth date must have given it away.

8. Aquarius--now thats funny. We are nothing a like. Goes to show-- astro signs ain't nada. Of course we like firearms. Peace up.

9. Klaus

Klaus G&G Newbie

Actually, I am fairly certain he was trying to impugn my Navy experience in retaliation for my Army remark. I thought I had a good comeback.

10. NRAJOE

It was Klaus, thats how alan got so many posts! Plays dumb, then comes back with"oh, okay I see what you meant" he ain't foolin' nobody! :D

11. Big Dog

Big Dog Retired IT Dinosaur Wrangler Forum Contributor

After six years in Uncles Sam's Canoe Club - three and a half aboard ship - I never could get those dang bells straight. We never even had the Bosun pipes on the 1MC (Ships announcement system) til my last year. Our second XO was a stickler for Navy protocol. He was honest, though. "There's only one billet for an A***ole on board, and I'm it!" Boy, was he right!
    :D

12. Yeah real funny captain kirk. I was just teasing Klaus--didn't know we were both Aquarius. My brother was in the Navy and I am familiar with the lingo.

13. NRAJOE

Captain James Tibirius Kirk to YOU, earth weenie!:spaceship :D

14. Klaus

Klaus G&G Newbie

It's worse than that; he's dead, Jim!

15. jerry

jerry Since 2002 Forum Contributor

USA
    Oh crap,
    Klaus does have a sense of humor. now I feel as if I'm one of the few remaining who don't have one :)

16. Doglips

Doglips G&G Newbie

Dont worry Jerry..TAPCO sells a "Sense of Humor" under the misc section of the catalog.

17. jerry

jerry Since 2002 Forum Contributor

USA
    Uh, ammo or a sense of humor. Guess I'll have to not be funny;)

18. Excuse me space chic hunter. Besides that who told you I was from earth? Klaus that was funny.

Last edited: Aug 5, 2002
  19. lingo

Speaking of lingo, there was a posting of "gangsta" lingo which a lot of teens are using. It was posted a long time back, and I can't seem to find it. Did whoever post it come up with any new definitions ?
    If whoever posted it is still out there could they leave me a message as to where to find it.

20. NRAJOE

Yo t dawg, don't no body here be knowin' what you crowin', so just back up homey g and get yo' 411 togetha befo' we gots ta blow some nuggets yo' way...aw ight? :D ;)