Gun and Game Forum banner
1 - 20 of 22 Posts

·
Registered
767 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I had mentioned I was converting my already souped up CZ52 to 9mm as that makes ammo a lot easier to store/buy....so I slapped together a webpage with 16 photos and step by step instructions on how to do it. I got my barrel for $45 or so at Aim Surplus, but I think they sold out now...but they do pop up from time to time....here is the page:
cz52 upgrade page

·
Retired IT Dinosaur Wrangler
36,693 Posts
Very timely and appreciated, Bob! My 9mm CZ52 barrel is supposed to arrive Tuesday! Me and my shooting buddy both ordered them last week.
AIM sent me a UPS tracking number, so I must have got in under the wire. :)

·
Registered
2,129 Posts
I saw those barrels at Aim. I thought about getting one - then I realized that the caliber is one of my favorite things about the CZ-52. I have other 9mm - if I want to shoot that caliber. The 7.62x25 is a great little round! I wish it were more widely available and utilized.

·
Registered
4,274 Posts
*pst!* Hey SilverRun, go check out Classic Arms Inc., they've still got 800 round cans for $99.95+shipping and 1600 rounds for $189.95+shipping. 12.5 and 11.9 cents per round, respectively. ;)

·
Registered
740 Posts
A 9mm round is much shorter than the very long 7.62 x 25 round. I saw the barrels at AIM last week but wondered how the 9mm round would work in the CZ52 magazine. Lots of leftover space in the magazine.

·
36,693 Posts
WHOOHOO! I got my 9mm barrel! UPS delivered it at 9:10 tonight. I didn't know they delivered so late!

Now, to make the roller swap, and buy a couple boxes of 9mm ammo . . . :)

·
Registered
767 Posts
Discussion Starter · #10 ·
I did get a few jams even after lubbing her up....I think the length of the round is the problem....anyone else?

·
Ahh..Cordite.
911 Posts
I know that 7.62x25 will go through Class2 Body Armor and it will also go through 3" Bullet resistant glass (I'll post pics)
The 9mm Luger penetrated the glass but failed to go through.

Pretty cool though...and great detail in your pics..you obviously know what you're doing. I would like to see the difference in recoil w/ that same frame config from the 7.62 to the 9mm. I bet its a lot more manageable w/ all the wieight behind the gun in the 9mm

·
36,693 Posts
I wasn't able to get the pin out of mine - it bent my el-cheapo Chinese pin-punch! So I'm ordering the rollers, pin and sliding block, and will make a complete second barel assembly - then swapping calibers will be easier.
My buddy did swap his over. It shot well, but he did have the occasional stovepipe. It didn't 'bark' quite as loud as it used to. :)

·
Registered
2,950 Posts
I have a CZ-82 and CZ-75, but always wanted a 52. I had no idea that you could convert them to 9mm. Does it use the same mag? What is a good price for the 52? I was going to get a PA 63, but I think that I will with the 52 instead.

·
Registered
767 Posts
Discussion Starter · #16 ·
I want one too. Can you get one as nice as the one in the pictures ?
Thanks!
The one in the pic has aftermarket grips (I don't know if the guy still makes them that I got mine from..he also made them in colors, but I like the black look) and a stainless firing pin that won't break and gives a very light trigger pull.

The gun originally had a ton of cosmo hidden in every nook and crany...I eventually had to strip it all the way down and steam clean all the gunk out of it...took about an hour with a high pressure steam cleaner. then a little tinkering and some breakfree clp lube..and one it is now one fine pistol!

·
YOU TALKIN' TO ME!?
21,319 Posts
If I hadn't gotten laid off for 6 months a couple years ago I'd still have 7 of them...only kept the nicest black one with Wolf 16.5 lb spring added.

·
Registered
20,562 Posts
I know the sources have been posted to where you can buy one of these pistols, but would someone kindly repost the sites again please.
Thanks A.H

1 - 20 of 22 Posts