Cool Yota find

Discussion in 'The Powder Keg' started by jerry, Sep 26, 2020.

1. jerry

jerry Since 03-15- 2002 Forum Contributor

USA
    17FE09B7-9A8B-4CB1-B4E4-FEC86FEB5D93.jpeg Love this gen of Toyota truck.
    Would love to own this one.

Attached Files:

2. austinjoe13

austinjoe13 <------------<<<-

That seems like a lot of money for it, but I know someone will be more than happy to take it home. I wouldn’t mind having one some day.

3. Jim Bridger

Jim Bridger G&G Evangelist Forum Contributor

I like Old Trucks. Over the years and today I spend too much money on them. I have a 1999 Chev Silverado 4X4 6.0 Engine that is being prepared for the long desert runs. Looking at a installing a Cadillac engine a 541c Big Block. :)

Stickman, TXplt, ChaZam and 3 others like this.
  4. Palladin8

Palladin8 G&G Evangelist

My friend had a 95 SR5 4x4 extended cab that was forrest green metallic. Had the 22R 4 cylinder with a manual 5 speed. That little truck was rock solid. I've always liked this body style more than the Tacoma. Although the newer Tacoma has caught my eye. My wife likes it a lot but would prefer another 4Runner.

TXplt, PAPA G, ChaZam and 1 other person like this.
  5. jerry

jerry Since 03-15- 2002 Forum Contributor

USA
    Thinking if one walked in with 8500-9000 it would be hard for the consignment owner to say no.

Sent from my iPhone using Gun and Game mobile app

PAPA G, austinjoe13, ChaZam and 2 others like this.
  6. ChaZam

ChaZam G&G Evangelist Forum Contributor

Yes sir, those Toyota pickups are good equipment.

TXplt, PAPA G and jerry like this.
  7. TXplt

TXplt Gun Toting Boeing Driver Forum Contributor

My wife drives a 4-runner and before that an FJ cruiser. Smaller japanese girl driving big car. I’ve been impressed with the reliability and versatility.

PAPA G, Palladin8 and austinjoe13 like this.
  8. Palladin8

Palladin8 G&G Evangelist

I was looking really hard at the FJ when they first came out but didn't care for the blind spots.
    My mother bought one the first year they came out and put 230,000 miles on it and then my nephew bought it from her and it's still going strong.
    My wife who is also a small Asian woman(Pinay) currently drives an 04 Limited 4Runner. It has the 4.7L V8 and is full-time 4wd. We have 175,000 on it now and it's running strong. My brother bought a TRD offroad 4Runner and the wife is lusting after one now. The sticker price makes me cringe every time I see it but I know I will have to get one sooner than later.

PAPA G and TXplt like this.
  9. TXplt

TXplt Gun Toting Boeing Driver Forum Contributor

Ya....mine really liked the design of the FJ (as did my son) but unless you're rock crawling I thought it a very impractical design (although unique). The suicide door ingress and egress to the back seats didn't help and the vis wasn't particularly good out of it (not to mention the 3 windshield wipers). But it was a tank and they loved it.

Around 2014 there was a huge demand for it here in N. TX and despite having around 70-80K (can't remember exactly) miles on it (we had just put it in to put on new brakes and were just browsing around looking at cars for the hell of it while the brakes were done; the FJ was in great shape) we were looking at 4-runners. Anyway, they REALLY wanted the car and we got a deal on a 2014 4-runner (new) that we couldn't pass up (unusual to get a deal at Toyota dealers). It was striking enough (although she was in there all day and I was running other errands with our son advising her to walk out and thank the guy for his time) that we traded for the more practical 4-runner which she has now (even though we really weren't that interested in swapping it but it was more practical due to our family situation especially getting in and out of the car).

PAPA G and Palladin8 like this.
  10. gsbuickman

gsbuickman G&G Evangelist

Hell yeah Jerry, I also think that's a little much but I'd like to have one and it reminds me of the Nissan Datsun trucks from the same time. The first thing I would do is throw a nice Chrome roll bar in the bed with off-road lights on it, then I'd throw a nice brush guard and a winch on it and lift it a couple more inches and throw some Wild County 31/10.5 AT's on it...

jerry and PAPA G like this.