close

Privacy guaranteed - Your email is not shared with anyone.

"Could not be found..."

Discussion in 'Announcements & Support' started by Big Dog, Dec 22, 2016.

1. Big Dog

Big Dog Retired IT Dinosaur Wrangler Forum Contributor

A few minutes ago, trying to get to G&G, I kept getting an error message saying something about the DNS address couldn't be found! I was wondering if that thrice-dammed hacker struck again? Luckily, here y'all are. :cool:

PAPA G, neophyte and Cyrano like this.
  2. Txwheels

Txwheels G&G Evangelist Forum Contributor

Something is going on. I had to refresh setting on Firefox to get it to work. About an hour ago I could only log on using Microsoft Edge because Firefox kept telling me the site was unsafe!

PAPA G and neophyte like this.

3. Ten Man

Ten Man G&G Evangelist

Ever since the U.N. takeover of the internet, folks have been expressing frustration with web sites, slow service, errors, etc.

It's not just limited to G&G.

4. ChaZam

ChaZam G&G Evangelist Forum Contributor

I could access it from my Windows phone but not from Firefox on my puter...

PAPA G and Txwheels like this.
  5. Cyrano

Cyrano Resident Curmudgeon Forum Contributor

New York
    I finally managed to get in by doing a Google Search for "Gun and Game," and coming in through the Political subforum. Is some hacker out there jerking us around, or is the Internet being reset so pro-gun forums are inaccessible? (I will not put anything attacking America past the Useless Nations who are now responsible for overseeing the Internet since the Clown Prince of Crime abdicated American control over it to them.)

PAPA G and neophyte like this.
  6. Txwheels

Okay, to get Firefox to work I did this;
    Go to options in your Firefox menu, click on 'advanced' then click on 'settings' then click on 'no proxy'.

My Firefox is working now on G&G.

PAPA G likes this.
  7. runfiverun

runfiverun G&G Evangelist

I am so glad I stuck with IE-7.
    I have seen several gun sites get smacked down by google and chrome& firefox it ain't funny.
    I just log on and go about my business until I see the thread asking what happened.

PAPA G likes this.
  8. Txwheels

Something is definitely wrong with the site. Firefox can not log into G&G but Microsoft Edge can after 5 tries. Microsoft got the same message at first that Firefox is getting.
    I suspect that a$$hat hacker is playing games again.

PAPA G likes this.
  9. PAPA G

PAPA G G&G Evangelist Forum Contributor

Same with me, had a lot of trouble when the big hack happened a while back. But everything is good for me right now. I have IE-7 loves it!

10. rando

rando G&G Evangelist Forum Contributor

Maryland
    I can't get into the guns and game site either with my gun, It happened twice, I used my sons tablet to get it

11. Huey Rider

Huey Rider G&G Evangelist Forum Contributor

I was having troubles the other morning (Wound up with 3 "Did you know" threads). I use I.e. In Windows 10. Everything has been ok since.

12. ChaZam

Hmmm, here I am on my phone again.

13. ChaZam

Getting this error on IE, similar stuff on other browsers... WP_20161222_18_17_16_Pro.jpg

14. ChaZam

Like this one... WP_20161222_18_28_17_Pro.jpg

Brandhard likes this.
  15. Huey Rider

Huey Rider G&G Evangelist Forum Contributor

Just croaked. Jinxed myself. I'm on my phone.:(

ChaZam likes this.
  16. chesterwin

chesterwin G&G Evangelist

... --- ... spotty service is way better than smoke signals. Learn the Morse Code.

ncnascarlady, PAPA G and ChaZam like this.
  17. Brandhard

Brandhard G&G Evangelist

Glad I'm not the only one having troubles. Hope you can get it all sorted out Chris!

ChaZam likes this.
  18. Chris

Chris Administrator Staff Member

There's no hacker getting into here....I'll look into it...but I think it's just the DNS switching over. The last remaining bit of an old server

19. Txwheels

Firefox keeps giving me the message that it has something to do with the security certificates use to get into the form. I'm on my phone right now because I cannot get in on my PC

PAPA G likes this.
  20. cooker300

cooker300 G&G Evangelist

NW PA
    I was having the same problem after 9pm I could not get in no how. I left a msg on the facebook page.

PAPA G likes this.