Countdown to REAL ID in 10.. 9.. 8..

Discussion in 'The Powder Keg' started by Pred, Apr 30, 2008.

1. Pred

Pred Guest

Count Down REAL ID

:sad2:

2. TXplt

TXplt Gun Toting Boeing Driver Forum Contributor

So my indefinite expiration federally issued retired military ID won't be accepted at federal agencies (like the airport, post office, or gate) after May ?

3. redhed

redhed G&G Newbie

Sounds like we are slowly marching down the path that leads to mico-chipping everyone. They can track us with our cell phones now. What is Big Brother got in mind for us next? so much for our constitutional right to privacy. It's going the way of the Second Ammendment.

4. Cyrano

Cyrano Resident Curmudgeon Forum Contributor

New York
    What this really is, is an attempt to back-door a national identity card. That idea has been floated and savagely attacked in the past; too many people have visions of Gestapo agents stopping people and saying,"Ausweis, bitte," from movies set in Nazi Germany in their minds.

However, in this culture everyone needs a driver's license, or a state-issued ID card usually issued by the DMV since they have the equipment to make conveniently-sized cards. You have to have state-issued IDs to open bank accounts, cash checks, or even be legitimately employed, and of course if you drive you have to have a driver's license on your person. People will hold still to changes to their driver's licenses "to make them counterfeit-proof" without really thinking about it. Think about it yourself: did YOU make a fuss when the DMV issued a driver's license with holograms built in, or special inks that glow under the right kind of light? I didn't, and no one I know did.

Thus, by requiring the several states to issue driver's licenses (and non-driving ID cards) that meet a set of federally-established standards, the nanny-staters in the federal government have successfully accomplished their objective: creating a national ID card. They did it by the back door. They got the states to do their work for them, and an unwitting population held still for it because it was their STATE doing it and not "those evil Washington bureaucrats interfering in our lives and telling us what to do." Clever.

Rest assured the antigunners have taken note of this technique. What worked once, will work twice provided they can keep the People asleep while it's being done.

5. Pred

Pred Guest

Remember boys and girls, this is all in the name of security... Our safety.

6. TXplt

Cyrano--

The anti's are already doing this with Ammo.

7. Seabeescotty

Seabeescotty G&G Evangelist Forum Contributor

TX, our military cards should be good as long as we breathe, since we invested so much for the privilege of carrying them. And they are federal ID cards, and should trump anything the states issue. I for one, will not sit down and let them inject a microchip into my body! But you gotta have an ID card in order to prove who you are, so I'm not too concerned about a "national ID". Heck, my military ID is a national ID, so what's the big deal?

8. Man this is soon. I thought we had a few years.

9. Pred

Pred Guest

Because I'm not in the military, nor have I been. I shouldn't have to "show my papers" in order to prove anything.

10. TXplt

I agree completely, Scotty.

No chips for me or my family. Talk about an allegorical "mark of the beast" !

11. Bravo

Bravo G&G Newbie

What a waste of tax dollars. :(

12. Seabeescotty

Seabeescotty G&G Evangelist Forum Contributor

Nope, no chips, no how, no way.....

13. sell33

sell33 G&G Enthusiast

Do you think i could just go live in the woods??

14. redhed

redhed G&G Newbie

The way satellite surveillance can pinpoint a car in a driveway from high altitudes, I doubt if hiding in woods would do you much good.

Now maybe a cave.....:scared1:

15. Pred

Pred Guest

I wonder if covering up in mud would work like it does against a Predat.... nevermind.

16. sc928porsche

sc928porsche G&G Newbie

If they don't accept my state ID then I am who I am and it is up to them to prove that I am not!

17. Rambo

Rambo G&G Evangelist Forum Contributor

America
    I want my avatar picture on my next I.D. card!

18. mitch_mckee

mitch_mckee Guest

Under what circumstances would I need a Federal ID?

I just can't think of any. I had one on my last job, issued by the D.O.E., but I got that after a background check. I don't recall using my driver's license or carry permit for ID.

you could have it printed on a credit card.

Last edited: Apr 30, 2008