close

Privacy guaranteed - Your email is not shared with anyone.

cowboys and ?

Discussion in 'The Powder Keg' started by 7mmag6, Aug 7, 2002.

1. 7mmag6

7mmag6 G&G Newbie

> > An American Indian, a Muslim, and a Texan were sitting on a park bench.
    > >
    > > The American Indian says: "Once my people were many and strong. Now we
    > > are few."
    > >
    > > The Muslim says: "Once my people were few. Now we are many and strong."
    > >
    > > And the Texans says: "That's 'cause we ain't played cowboys and muslims
    > > yet."

2. Klaus

Klaus G&G Newbie

Never did understand the game. I always thought it should be US Army and Indians.

3. Oxford

Oxford G&G Evangelist

The story could be titled, "Hunters and Those Hunted", or "Now see who the big dog is?", or "We want, we take".

These titles aren't intended to be funny to the American indians.

4. 7mmag6

7mmag6 G&G Newbie

oxford im 1/4th Osage

5. NRAJOE

NRAJOE YOU TALKIN' TO ME!? Forum Contributor

I'm half Cherokee so I was always the "injun" got tired of losing all the time so one day I chased all the kids around with my brothers real tomahawk! I won that day and every day after that!

6. Oxford

Oxford G&G Evangelist

I'm proud of our native Americans

7mmmag & NRAJOE: My comment above reflected my feelings about what's happened to native Americans in the past. I'm not proud of the facts of how some of our European forefathers slaughtered native Americans as if they weren't even people and then pretended to be the first "people" on what is now the USA.

My sympathies lie with the American natives who persevered in spite of the lies they were told and in spite of all the treaties that were broken by some of our white forefathers.

As time has moved on many of us have almost forgotten how this American soil was acquired. We need to be reminded occasionally that our ancestors weren't so perfect after all.

Over five hundred years after Columbus landed, our country still owes a debt to those people from whom we stole their land. They treated this land and game with respect and taught us skills which are still valuable today.

Oxford

Last edited: Aug 8, 2002
  7. NRAJOE

Just think how more beautiful this country would be and all the game roaming free! " They couldn't see past the billboards, they wanted all the Buffalo"- Ted Nugent

8. PART INDIAN

MY WIFE IS PART ABNAKI INDIAN AND PROUD OF IT. ALL THE MORE POWER TO HER!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

DANA

9. NRAJOE

Right on Dana! :right:

10. Doglips

Doglips G&G Newbie

I keep trying to teach my kids to play BATF agent and Gun owner.....same concept but I see it as more politicaly correct and accurate....first one to "lose" their gun loses.

11. NRAJOE

The BATF is always the bad guy right? :right:

12. Doglips

Doglips G&G Newbie

Now Joe we all know that the friendly folks at ANY govemner agency are only looking out for OUR best intrest.....Just like the IRS they kust want to make sure I dont have any extra $$ laying around to stimulate the economy and cause intrest rates to go up.. Man I ought to change my name to Slinging Bull.

13. 7mmag6

7mmag6 G&G Newbie

whoa i did not mean to offend any one, I am 1/4 Osage, my mother is half, i have a hide like a rhino, and if I offended any one in this room i personally apologise, that was not my intention, but if i offended you I apologise to this room, and to you

14. Oxford

Oxford G&G Evangelist

No offense taken

7mmmag: I did't mean to appear to be offended. Just needed to stand up and say a few things about how I felt about our forefathers, etc. Guess if you, being 1/4 Osage, aren't offended by what I consider indian "put downs", I, being of German, English, Irish stock, and who know what else, shouldn't get defensive. By the way, my wife is 1/8 cherokee and part Irish. And I just learned on another thread that your wife is Italian. Now that's what I call a good old "all American mix."

I just needed to get my thoughts straightened out and put in writing. And I had lots of fun reading all of the responses to the thread yesterday. I really do believe, though, that most of us have an appreciation for what our indian ancestors and fellow Americans have done for this country.

Oxford

Last edited: Aug 9, 2002
  15. I am part Blackfoot, one of the 7 tribes of Lakota, which is Sioux.
    I am also German, Polish, English, Norwegin and some other stuff.

The Sioux and the Chippewa were fighting, taking land, and killing each other up here in Minnesota long before the whiteman came. Dead lake is not far from my house where they hung each others bodies in the trees along the shores of the lake.

The Romans took England. England took Ireland, (and alot more).
    Germany, well Germany tried,......twice. And so on.

I and my generation are not responcible for any harm my forefathers did to each other, in any war, in any past time, on any continent. I am not owed anything because I am Blackfoot, nore do I owe anyone anything because I am English.

I am a Native American because I was born here.

( Did you ever hear the one about the Polock, the Norsky, and the Injun?)

HUD

16. 7 mm I thought the joke was great. You didn't offend anyone. Just about everyone has native american blood in them. Myself --Cherokee, dutch, english and irish,--Heinz 57. If you can't take a joke then go away.:D :D

Last edited: Aug 10, 2002
  17. Oh yea, I meant to say I thought it was funny too.

But how come the Texans always end up the good, smart, or tough, guys when they're in the jokes?

You know, how come there isn't any "How many Texans does it take to screw in a lightbulb" jokes.

18. 7mmag6

7mmag6 G&G Newbie

im not going away, i will be here to rub your nose in anything I can, you want it, i will deliver, so **** off you freaking gun nuts,whoooh hoooh

19. 7mmag6

7mmag6 G&G Newbie

20. Hud-- aggies are from Texas. Texas A & M.